The Tea Party disband

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
The Tea Party seem to have disbanded indefinately. This is very upsetting. I was really looking forward to seeing them again on the tour they were supposed to be doing in October. One of my favourite bands, and easily one of the best I have seen live. Saddening.

The one positive to come out of this is Jeff Martin's accoustic world music solo album which he is working on at the moment. Sounds intriguing, I just wish it could have been the bands next project instead of a solo album. He does say he will be open to working with them again in the future, but just not for now, so who knows what will happen.

That's really gay news. I don't listen to them (because I don't have any of their stuff), but was hoping to see them one day. :(

It was originally a side project, then Jeff Burrows (drummer) hurt his back and was ordered to take time off. While working on the solo album while the band was taking a break, Jeff Martin has come out and said that he has no plans for The Tea Party in the future, but doesn't rule out working with them again after he finishes this album and tours behind it. Apparently this was all news to the other guys who were as shocked as everyone.
It sounds like there is no bad blood and the guy just wants to chill at his own pace with his new family. I think they will return someday. In the meantime, that solo album does sound more interesting than TTP's recent stuff (which I really like).