The Tea Party were AWESOME!!!!

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
On the floor, 6 deep from the stage, with the entire family right by my side.

The Tea Party played for 2 hours - and my personal favorite song "Fire In The Head" was the most incredible live song I've ever seen. The floor went nuts - and we were right in the thick of it. I was hot, sweaty, hungry, packed in tighter than...(you fill in the blank :D ). The Metropolis in Montreal is a great place - small, intimate - and it was PACKED!!

I am happy - and even more so because my entire family enjoyed it with me. It's fun sharing something with people close to you.

...and Nickleback the night before wasn't that bad either.

I LOVE the Tea Party! They are easily one of the best bands of the past 10 years! Sadly, however, they are not even released here in America & practically NO ONE'S ever even heard of them! Such a travesty. :(

So what songs did they play?

And how did the three-piece pull off all of the great, layered, multi-instrument songs live?

I'd imagine that they'd sound quite different live?

Originally posted by SoundMaster
I LOVE the Tea Party! They are easily one of the best bands of the past 10 years! Sadly, however, they are not even released here in America & practically NO ONE'S ever even heard of them! Such a travesty. :(

So what songs did they play?

And how did the three-piece pull off all of the great, layered, multi-instrument songs live?

I'd imagine that they'd sound quite different live?

Yes - a U.S. travesty - which is why I took the 300-mile road trip to see them. :D

Playing for 2 hours - they played quite a bit:

Fire In The Head
The Bazaar
Sister Awake
Temptation
Interzone
Cathartik
Soulbreaking
Walking Wounded

...just a few off the top of my head.

And they sounded phenominal with just the 3 of them!!

i remember seeing some tea party videos on much music awhile back. they were that bad at all. and for what they did for you and your daughter that one time metalman where they gave you stuff because you missed their show the one time, was just plain awesome. when a band does that for someone, they deserve respect. :)

Sounds like a great show, I’ll have to catch a Nickleback show sometime ;)

I actually have yet to hear anything by The Tea Party, I think I might head over to audiogalaxy right now.

I saw the Tea Party at University a couple of years ago, and I agree.. they're absolutely phenomenal.

And I was wondering about how they could pull it off with just the three of them, but they do it easily. The sound was massive live.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
Sounds like a great show, I’ll have to catch a Nickleback show sometime ;)

I actually have yet to hear anything by The Tea Party, I think I might head over to audiogalaxy right now.

COOL!!

Try to find & Download these songs:

- Fire in the Head
- Master & the Marghuerita
- Halcyon Days
- Sister Awake