The "Tours that never materialized" thread

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, so the other day on the shitter, I was thinking about tours that were announced, but never materialized....

I know there have been MANY, so I am going to rattle off a few that come to mind, and hope you guys can come up with others!!!

HELLOWEEN / KINGDOM COME
(This was going to be a very small run, I believe in support of Keepers II)

KING DIAMOND / KREATOR / CELLADOR / LEAVES EYES
(Yep, this would have been one for the record books!!!!)

DIAMOND HEAD / GIRLSCHOOL / AL ATKINS
(Not sure what happened, but this tour was canceled, and then a few months later DH toured with Bangalor Choir)

(Not sure what happened, but this tour was canceled, and then a few months later DH toured with Bangalor Choir)

money reasons is why. the same guy does Onslaught, Mpire of Evil, Gama Bomb and Artiller. It was basically cost of stuff is why Girlschool dropped and Al Atkins.

Angra could be added to the list of bands that were planning tours that never materialized...no dates ever but announcements.

Yeah it was at the Allstate arena...

Leave's Eyes and a few other female fronted bands. No Kamelot. The band that the singer died a few years ago in....can't recall the name...they were the other band on it. I used to read their forum...they guy who ran it was a radio DJ in the south and said he had MAJOR funding and that if any band plays a huge arena...it will draw. He had dates listed for some venues then it just vanished a month later. I will have to search later...I know there are some flyers online and stuff from it. At the Leaves Eye's Metro show they were passing out flyers for it.

Ha, I don't even remember that Allstate Arena was on the routing.
I just remembered all the LOL's online when it was first announced.
No one in their right mind thought it was gonna take off....

Speaking of never setting sail...........
TRITON POWER CRUISE anyone????????????????????

Y'all are thinking of the Evil Darkness tour...

I don't think the Diamond Head one was CANCELLED, but all support dropped, and DH toured anyway.

I know Ulver was looking into touring, or at least a few shows stateside, a couple years ago. Obviously that didn't happen.

Same with Mystifier. And Diocletian/Morbosidad. And an "Evening With" tour (not sure how extensive) of Manowar playing their first 3 albums...

I'm assuming they MAYBE woould have played this all over the world and MAYBE 2 shows here in the states, because why the hell would they play a show in their own country...

I know what you're getting at, and for the most part agree....but I think this was actually going to be a bit bigger.

My only insight is this: one of the local venues has a rep that posts on our local Metal board. Most tours happen, not necessarily with an Atlanta date, but most eventually materialize. He gauges interest there for shows that come to him to see if they're worth pursuing. About 3 years ago, he posted regarding a Manowar show, with a very steep ticket price, where they'd be playing the first 3 albums back-to-back. And it never happened...:(

Now that I think of it, he posted about VENOM a few years back too. Tour didn't happen.

KING DIAMOND / KREATOR / CELLADOR / LEAVES EYES
(Yep, this would have been one for the record books!!!!)

Did you HAVE to remind me of the King Diamond/Kreator one? That one still hurts.

That other one would have been cool at least for Girlschool. I doubt we'll ever see them stateside sadly.

As for recent tours: Gama Bomb/Artillery

I really hope we can manage to get Artillery over here; it seems pairing with Gama Bomb on tour isn't working for them.

And an "Evening With" tour (not sure how extensive) of Manowar playing their first 3 albums...

Hrmmmm....
I saw them in 97 and on that tour they did their set in chronological order, up through LOUDER THAN HELL which is what they were promoting at the time.

I assume you are speaking of something a lot more recent than that though.

Did you HAVE to remind me of the King Diamond/Kreator one? That one still hurts.

Cry me a river.................................. :lol:

Wanna hear about the time I saw them with Flotsam and Jetsam (supporting No Place for Disgrace) and Annihilator (supporting Alice In Hell) opened???

Hahahaha, ok, that was jerkish, but how could you NOT brag about seeing that one!!!!!

Just did some googling on Evil Darkness.
Dear lord, they were gonna have Lullacry.
That's a name I haven't thought of in god knows how long!!!!

Looks like the last two bands confirmed before it went under were Epica and Kamelot.
Paradise Lost and Within Temptation were the rumored next bands to confirm.

Just did some googling on Evil Darkness.
Dear lord, they were gonna have Lullacry.
That's a name I haven't thought of in god knows how long!!!!

Looks like the last two bands confirmed before it went under were Epica and Kamelot.
Paradise Lost and Within Temptation were the rumored next bands to confirm.

hilarious...at most it would have been a 1,000 people but back then it all those bands were not known as they are today.

Wanna hear about the time I saw them with Flotsam and Jetsam (supporting No Place for Disgrace) and Annihilator (supporting Alice In Hell) opened???
Don't remember that one, but I did see Annihilator with Wrathchild America and Testament around that same time.