The truth about the board members..

Gums

sweet bitching
Jan 9, 2002
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Everyone is wondering what happened to the Skyfire board? Where did everyone go? Well, after lots of research I have drawn the following conclusions:

-Darkmare and Destrruction died
-Sadistik went away for 2 weeks (and attempted to murder Darkmare)
-Aborted Fetus abandoned us for his band
-red_beef only posts at NP threads
-Final_Vision retired from UM
-Stargazer claims he's watching soccer/football but who knows what he's really doing (probably helped Sadistik)
-AddeJ-Skinfected and Emraajarvi (spelling) are "bored"!
-Silent downfall is becoming a professional keyboardist and practicing for his audition with Children of Bodom
-Gums is working on becoming an actor, a model, a professional basketball player, a doctor, and is running for mayor

Pretty accurate don't ya think?
Who did I forget?

Why thank you Erämaajärvi (I figure that is what your name is intended to be?) and Gums :)
The last 2 I have worn are of Lord Rehn from Abyssos (also was in Evergrey for a while), this image is from their (well, it's only him now) second album Fhinsthanian Nightbreed. I think the one I had before this was from their first album Together We Summon The Dark. I hold this band in great respect since they we're the ones to introduce me to the more extreme metal.
I am not sure what is going on with him these day, should possibly mail him one day. The other 2 members of original Abyssos resurrected their old band Insalubrious as well, so I should check them out too, but their stuff is hard to find even here in Sweden.

Anyway, here is the official site, incase you wanna see some more of the images, they are rather stunning if you ask me.

Originally posted by Gums
Everyone is wondering what happened to the Skyfire board? Where did everyone go? Well, after lots of research I have drawn the following conclusions:

-Darkmare and Destrruction died
-Sadistik went away for 2 weeks (and attempted to murder Darkmare)
-Aborted Fetus abandoned us for his band
-red_beef only posts at NP threads
-Final_Vision retired from UM
-Stargazer claims he's watching soccer/football but who knows what he's really doing (probably helped Sadistik)
-AddeJ-Skinfected and Emraajarvi (spelling) are "bored"!
-Silent downfall is becoming a professional keyboardist and practicing for his audition with Children of Bodom
-Gums is working on becoming an actor, a model, a professional basketball player, a doctor, and is running for mayor

Pretty accurate don't ya think?
Who did I forget?

That's right. I'm sorry to give you these news but Sadistik and Stargazer failed (may they R.I.P.) and therefore Skyfire is over with the death of one of it's members. :lol:
I'm hanging here guys. Just 2 more weeks and I'll be back (to haunt you all! Mwuahahahaha!!!!)

*runs away hiding*

Oh, in fact I already "ran to the hills" (literally - I'm at my house in the hills right now) and you'll never find me you,...you haunting haunter ghost!! :p

Originally posted by Eramaajarvi

Finally someone got it right! :)

Well,it seems it's time for me to check the band(s) out! :)

TNX for the info.

Well, I am a finn and I do notice the finnish names :)
I know I get asked about mine enough.

On the bands trust me only get Together We Summon The Dark from Abyssos, Fhinsthanian Nightbreed is not as good in the fact that it's too artsy and too much like Cradle Of Filth, IMO of course :D

About Insalubrious, I wouldn't know much about their music, it is Söderlund and Meidal (the 2 ex-Abyssos guys, Insalubrious was actually the band that changed their name to Abyssos originally and made some song they originally made for/in Insalubrious) together with a 3rd guy, who wasn't in the original band.
Apparently early in the bands career they had a singer who was replaced by Rehn and then they changed their name to Abyssos.
After the 1st album Meidal left the band (he got a job in sweden and couldn't go to UK to record the second album) and about a year after the second album was out, Söderlund left as well. Later he and Meidal decided to resurrect Insalubrious again.
So Insalubrious should sound a bit like Abyssos before the second album, but of course with a lot more talent behind it now.
Here's a link to their website as well, the full story can be found there.

@Aborted Fetus
Erämaajärvi is finnish and it means something to the effect of wilderness-lake. Järvi is lake in finnish. A good english word for Erämaa is hard to come by since it doesn't really mean the same thing as the pretty direct wasteland.