The ultimate tool of destruction: The Guitar:

MAGUS

COMMANDMENT OF THE DEAD
Greetings!! In the coming summer I'm going to work hard to get money and pick my first guitar. I'd like to know:
-which electric-guitar to choose?
-the basics
-how the hell the pedal works?
-how to play from notes
-AMP??wtf...

If anyone knows good websites which tells me all this, or if you could explain it to me yourself. I'd be VERY thankful.

Thanks.

Well, for your first guitar, my advice is - get something cheap(!). At least until you know whether you'd like to keep on playing or not. No need to burn loads of cash on something expensive that you just end up selling at a loss.

I'd recommend a guitar with at least one humbucker pickup (you can choose from a wide range of upgrades later if you decide the sound isn't satisfactory). I'd also recommend getting a guitar with a fixed bridge (no tremolo). The tremolo will just be an unneseccary diversion while you're trying to learn - and it's harder to tune and maintain, or will go out of tune easilly (depends on type and manufacture). Epiphones are pretty good guitars nowadays, and you should be able to get one used for a fairly small amount of money.

"The pedal" you say? Hmm...there's a _jungle_ of guitar effect pedals out there: You have distorion pedals, wah-wah's, multieffect boxes, etc, etc. A nice distortion pedal is a good way to start. Later you may be interested in a multi effects unit.

How to play from notes: While I can read notation for the violin, I never bothered to learn it for the guitar, and I think the same goes for most of the hobby guitarists out there. Learning notation is very useful once you decide to get serious, but it's not a must IMO.

Amps: See response about pedals - jungle situation. A crappy little combo amp could get you started just fine. You'll know when you need something better. Having said that, you can also just use headphones out of a multieffect box - but obviously that won't work in a band situation. If I should dare to recommend something, well...I have a liking for Marshalls myself. They may be a bit on the pricey side though(?). I haven't checked their pricing in quite a while... =P

'bane

about the guitar itself: my first one was a Yamaha Pacifica 112 which I still think is a very good guitar for a beginner. It's equipped whith 2 singlecoils and a humbucker at the bridge, so you can get about every sound you want out of it. Well, it has a vintage tremollo which isn't too good, but ok and not THAT difficult to work with.....

I'm with Sunbane when it comes to Epiphones, they're great cheap guitars, solid build, good sound, nice to play and they actually tune properly!
:OMG:

A friend of mine had an Epiphone Les Paul Special II for years at high school and it was great for the cash.
ampwise I'd look at the Fender Frontman amps, they come in 15 watt and 20 watt versions, they're fairly cheap and sound absolutely amazing for something so small. Plus they're insanely loud for a tiny combo.
Good luck with things :)

MAGUS said:
Greetings!! In the coming summer I'm going to work hard to get money and pick my first guitar. I'd like to know:
-which electric-guitar to choose?
-the basics
-how the hell the pedal works?
-how to play from notes
-AMP??wtf...

If anyone knows good websites which tells me all this, or if you could explain it to me yourself. I'd be VERY thankful.

Thanks.
Live rounds from Hattttah

As of now I am still saving to purchase a new axe. I play on a shit-ass version of a B.C. Rich Warlock. An okay instrument, but what I would look for in a guitar (depending on what kind of metal you are playing) I would go for fast action, thin speedy neck, and definitley the triple locking fucking floating trem. I checked out Ibanez and found a few guitars I think aare worth taking a look at. Good luck to ya!

GIVE INTO YOUR HATE!