The US Festival

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Triumph just put out a dvd of the US Festival performance. So why haven't all the other guys done this yet?!??! Possibly one of the greatest OLD SCHOOL Metal shows ever! The Woodstock of metal! JUDAS PRIEST, OZZY, MOTLEY CRUE, SCORPIONS, VH, and even freakin' QUIET RIOT could sell a boatload of these babies if they'd just clean up the footage and put it out! What do you guys think?!?!?
Ted

Motley Crue's set looks fucking awesome, almost looks like it couldve been shot 20 minutes ago rather than 20 years ago! They'd have to clean up the sound a bit though because Vince's vocals are completely lost in the mix on some tracks and you can't even hear him. Apart from that though the quality is AWESOME.

Van Halen's set I have only seen what looks like a 56th generation dub of it so the whole thing is a total blur and the sound is completely muffled.

Yeah the sound on my Crue one is fine too except for Vince's vocals which you can't hear at all in a few songs. Everything else though sounds awesome.

I have the Motley and VH shows on vhs. I'll agree with you guys that the sound is fine (listenable...) but the picture could be a lot better. My motley is actually better than the vh I guess cause of the lighting? VH played at night and all..plus i'm sure it's 1000th generation. There are a few US Festival DVD's on ebay but they're not the full sets. One dvd features all the bands but only 2 or 3 songs each. Maybe this is the best I can do?
Ted

The one I have was copied from a DVD. They are the full sets... but yeah Van Halen's one is still about 1000th generation and terrible picture.