axemaiden

makes you eat dead things
Aug 21, 2007
grendel's mothers cave
The Vision Bleak - The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey
Prophecy - PRO 091
By Axemaiden

162756.jpg

I'm a really big fan of The Vision Bleak's previous albums so I was extremely happy to get my hands on this demo, whilst being slightly apprehensive that it was going to be a massive disappointment at the same time! Fortunately I didn't need to worry; the album was on the whole captivating, the slow and majestic build up of 'Amala and Kamala' sets the tone for most of the demo, and although some of the more hardcore fans may find the album a little more subtle than the previous one, fear not, the more you listen to it the better it gets. The signature styles are still present; the haunting, chanting vocals and the atmospheric lyrics. The guitars are awesome also, especially on 'She-Wolf' and 'The Demon of the Mire', they retain an absorbing simplicity whilst still being fucking heavy! Although I loved most of the album, I wasn't as keen on parts 1 and 2 of 'The Black Pharoah Trilogy'; there's nothing wrong with them as such, but it seems to be getting quite cliched for death and goth metal bands to be writing music with dark Egyptian themes; don't get me wrong, it can be pulled off awesomely, but I still think The Vision Bleak are at their best on the first couple of songs on this album. It is an album definitely worth buying however.

Official The Vision Bleak Website
Official Prophecy Website