The Watchmen movie.

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
Who's looking forward to this?

I reckon it's going to be a seriously fucking epic movie on its own terms, but whether it'll be true to the graphic novel, I dunno.
There's no "Whores and politicians" line from Rorschach's monologue on the first page, and that's seriously a travesty. The current cut is 2 hours 40 mins apparently, and there's better places to cut corners than the fucking opening speech. If Zack Snyder's made the decision to cut from the opening monologue, who knows what else he'll butcher.
It worries me :lol:

But seriously, anyone else looking forward to this?

Who's looking forward to this?

I reckon it's going to be a seriously fucking epic movie on its own terms, but whether it'll be true to the graphic novel, I dunno.
There's no "Whores and politicians" line from Rorschach's monologue on the first page, and that's seriously a travesty. The current cut is 2 hours 40 mins apparently, and there's better places to cut corners than the fucking opening speech. If Zack Snyder's made the decision to cut from the opening monologue, who knows what else he'll butcher.
It worries me :lol:

But seriously, anyone else looking forward to this?

Never much of a fan of comics and all but my singer is and he's pretty much forced me to read several graphic novels that I had to admit were pretty cool. This was one of them and so I'm looking forward to it. The previews so far seem pretty badass looking. As for the opening monologue, if you're referring to a trailer you saw its possible they cut the line for the purpose of the trailer to make it "rated everyone" but could very well be intact for the actual movie.

Have to wait and see ... I'm pretty sure its gonna be a really good movie

fucking love the graphic novel, and Tyler Bates (300, The Devil's Rejects, Doomsday, Halloween, Dawn Of The Dead, Slither, The Day The Earth Stood Still) is doing the score and that ups the ante for me BIG time.... he's in my top 3 of current film composers.

Never read the graphic novel (or any comic for that matter), but my house mate has made me watch the trailer A LOT and I'm looking forward to this film!

It's so worth buying a copy.
It seriously is one of the BEST piece of literature I've ever read.

I'm pretty stoked for this movie. When I saw the trailer during the "Dark Knight", it gave me chills. It's a pretty damn good piece of work by Mr. Moore.