The "what CDs/8-tracks did you bring to work/school/life today?" thread.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
In terms of gayness, this thread lies somewhere between a typical Now Playing Thread and a Richard Simmons Appreciation Thread. But I'm bored, so fuck it.

Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood
Neurosis & Jarboe
Kyuss - Muchas Gracias, the Best of Kyuss
Tom Waits - Small Change (borrowed from coworker, it's good)

Am I allowed to expand this to CDs for the week? :p

This week I brought with me to sunny (yet still pretty cold) Florida:

Orphaned Land - Mabool
Angra - Temple of Shadows
Dark Tranquility - Character
Mastodon - Leviathan (I'll keep it giving it a few more chances I suppose)
Nocte Obducta - Nektar: Teil
Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Traveller
Arcane Sun - s/t
Skyclad - Jonahs Ark
Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends
Nest - demo CD-r

JayKeeley said:
Am I allowed to expand this to CDs for the week? :p
NO SOUP FOR YOU! :loco:

What are your thoughts on Nattens Madrigal now? Last I remember from that Ulver thread way back you said "whoa, this is noisy" and shelved it for later listening. Unless I missed another Ulver thread/jack.

Actually, I'm working my way back to it since in that timeframe I've probably adopted several other loving BM albums into my life and am now better prepared to face this final assault.

Well, holidays began today, so I've just been walking around the city, enjoying all the christmas decoration. And I bought the remastered versions of Darkthrone's "Under a Funeral Moon" and "Transilvanian Hunger"! Not yet sure about how I feel for them yet, though, as both have only had one uncomplete listen so far.

I packed most of my CDs into my 240 CD wallet with me when I came home for the Holidays, however I've only listening to so far

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Nargaroth - Geliebte des Regens
Old Man Gloom - Christmas
Isis - Panopticon
Empyrium - A Wintersunset
Empyrium - Weiland
Empyrium - Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays

At work:
Coldplay--Parachutes
David Gray--Flesh
Taake--Helnorsk Svartmetall

other stuff I borrowed from the collection at work... namingly Faith Hill's Breathe. I'm such a sellout. :p

Home:
traditional Indian, Arabic, and Scandinavian music
also Coldplay, David Gray, and Gehenna.

I dubbed my Lucifugum - On The Sortilage of Christianity on cassette for my car and have been listening to that and Taake's Nattestid during my driving for the past few weeks.

I've come to the conclusion that that Lucifugum album is one of the best Black Metal albums Ev-Fawkin-Ar!

Same thing I bring every day--35 gigs of tunes on the ipod.
But today has mostly consisted of:
The Mass - City of Dis (great stuff)
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh and RTC
Nocturnal - Arrival of the Carnivore
Anata - Under a Stone...

My CDs are separated into ten little sections due to my lack of storage space, so I always pick 1 CD from each little section and play them. This allows me to revisit older CDs that I've ignored in past months. Gay, I know, but I'm on vacation all this week and all next week, so I have plenty of music-listening time. The ten currently in the player are:

Bloodlet - Three Humid Nights in the Cypress Trees
Fear Factory - Digimortal
Nevermore - The Politics of Ecstasy
Soulburn - Feeding on Angels
Orphaned Land - Sahara
Unsane - Total Destruction
Aeternus - A Darker Monument
Monster Magnet - Superjudge
Astrofaes - Heritage
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi

Blackmore's Night - Fires At Midnight (didn't listen to)
Concerto Moon - Rain Forest
Free - Fire & Water
Halford - Live Insurrection
Hammerfall - Legacy Of Kings
Intense - Second Sight (didn't listen to)
Judas Priest - Point Of Entry
Killswitch Engage - The End Of Heartache (didn't listen to)
KISS - Greatest Hits
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind

J. said:
My CDs are separated into ten little sections due to my lack of storage space, so I always pick 1 CD from each little section and play them. This allows me to revisit older CDs that I've ignored in past months. Gay, I know, but I'm on vacation all this week and all next week, so I have plenty of music-listening time.
This is a really good idea and I've been meaning to implement a similar system for awhile now. I often think I have too much music, yet I bought another 5 albums just tonight...

you started this thread as a bad time since there's no scool/work/life for me right now, but I always bring shitloads so I could pwn all of you. I only listen to three to six cds during that time every day though

I brought these for my time during christmas with my parents. Sort of best of/winter music mixture:

Amon Amarth - The Avenger
Arckanum - Fran Marder
Behemoth - Sventivith
Burzum - Filosofem
Deathspell Omega - SMRC
Negura Bunget - N Crugu
Ondskapt - Draco Sit Mihi Dux
Vintersorg - Hedniskhjärtad
Watain - Casus Luciferi
Nokturnal Mortum - Nechrist
Otyg - various demo songs
Empyrium - Weiland

The Who - Live at Leeds
78 CD wallet thingy, today's selections will most likely center around Kyuss, Swans, Faith no More, Hypocrisy, and Pearl Jam.

henry13.gif

I adopted a cute lil' poison fetus
from Fetusmart! Hooray fetus!

I found no better place for this. I'm listening to Kyuss today.

I've been playing all my epic pagan/viking/folk metal exclusively. Just finished with my 4 Cruachan CDs, now onward with early Borknagar and Forlorn.