The Wheel of Time keeps on turnin'

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
Sing the thread title to the tune of Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" for the full effect :)

What was once the final volume of Jordan's Wheel of Time series, to be written by Brandon Sanderson, is now expected to be three volumes - the first of which will probably come out this fall.

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/article/56/Splitting-AMOL

His blog (I can't believe I'm actually using that word in a sentence, argh!) is actually a good piece on the whys and wherefores of the decision.

Ken

RIP Jordan...

I'm very excited for the final volume(s). Even if the storyteller has changed, the story remains the same and I've been an avid reader for years. Can't wait for the end...

Son of a gun... thanks for the update. I was trying to find any news this past weekend.

So... I am actually not thrilled about this development, though I sort of suspected it would wind up being 2 books. I was really looking forward to finally finishing it off. This has become the never-ending story (not that one...), though I guess you can't really blame that on this--it got a bit out of hand some time ago.

What do you guys think?

Holy cow, so "JordanCon" will be held at a hotel on the street I work on, just a couple of miles down and right by Jim's place... hmmm... do I want to go?

I started reading these books in the early 90's when I was a pubescent lad. I couldn't finish Crown of Swords because the story dragged on and on and seemed to mostly bog down into pages of describing the insides of tents and how people take their tea. I feverishly devoured those books up until Lord of Chaos, and it was all downhill from there for me. :(

In fairness, the story really began tightening up in the last book....and some Major Changes have taken place in Randland. :)

Also, New Spring -- the relatively short prequel -- was almost shockingly tightly written...for a JR book, anyway.

Since I enjoy Sanderson's books, I'm more disappointed that he's going to be wrapped up finishing up someone else's story for the next 2-3 years without time to work on something of his own.