The withering process...?

Anarkissed

BOK CHOY!!!
May 3, 2003
Uranus
anarkissed.deviantart.com
I have been looking for them for a looooong time, but have hardly found anything in relation to the band that created the song 'The Withering Process'. I remember the creator of the song posted it somewhere on the Ultimate Metal forum probably two or so years ago, and I burnt onto a cd. They admitted that it was very Opeth inspired - and indeed it is, and I love it! I want to find more of this band, if anything exists. :erk:

The only thing i could find on Google was this.
According to someone's post there, the band's name is 'Soundsleep' and are Finnish. Can anyone translate what the dudes are writing in the later posts? I'm guessing it's in Finniish.

Thanks for anyone who can help. I'm gonna post this in the SOT forum, as many of those members used to post here when Opeth Off topic was around.

Hello. I posted that song almost two years ago. Funny..i haven`t been here but tonight i just came to see what`s going on...funny too..i just came back from studio where i am are recording our new stuff again with same band..but music has changed.
We have now full lineup and stuff we`re doing right now isn`t so "metallish" :)
We have female on vocals and i think it`s going to be very "old day-prog" oriented music. If you wanna listen some stuff we did last march ,check this site:
http://www.mikseri.net/www/play.php?type=hi&id=97421
i think you should listen song called "depth" if you wanna my opinion.
and yes, i think vocals are horrible, but it`s because we didn`t have vocalist back then...so i did them even i am a guitar player.
this really was surprise:) i would`ve never thought that somebody would remember that song :)
cheers
:tero/ soundsleep

Wow, never expected the writer of the song to reply to this. The Withering Process has really grown on me ever since i downloaded it. Do you have any other songs that are of a similar style?
I have been searching for a loooong time for any information about your band, and to have a member of the band reply is an honour :Spin:

The link you sent me doesn't appear to work, the connection times out. I'll try it again later. I'd love to hear your prog-style stuff!

Cheers :cool:

Hello again and thank you for your nice words!
we actually didn`t record material like that...i have plenty of stuff in my computer..demos and stuff..i think worth of an album. But since we decided to change direction (and because there`s only two of us left of "metal"-era band) and brought new members it was natural to bring fresh and new stuff to table. Actually for now it`s woman who takes care of singing but she is damn good :)
If you wonder why we`re using same name it`s because nothing was released back then and it`s decent name imo :)
yups...check this site to listen newer side of us.

cheers
/tero/soundsleep

inaeturnum said:
I downloaded them today, and I can only say 'wow!' I love your voice (if that's you) and it really fits the music, so I can hardly imagine what the band sounds like with a female, but i'll trust your judgement that it sounds as good as you say :p

And two more questions for you, if you dont mind.
Do you have any lyrics to any of your songs? (particularly the Withering Process) - and when are you releasing more of your stuff? If you release a CD i'll gladly buy it :D

Hello again!!
Hmm..lyrics..i am terrible keeping those things in safe. Let`s put it that way: if i find them, i send them to your personal um-box. Is it ok? Like i said before,never would`ve believed that somebody would remember that old bony opeth ripoff piece of music But iam really glad that you did. Today i can`t even listen it anymore...it`s just terrible playing and arrangements...
Considering releasing our music it`s only matter that somebody would release it. We haven`t send any of our stuff to record labels but i think we gonna do that with our new songs...and then let`s hope that somebody is interested which i doubt. Iam currently writing material to album or some kind of work of art but i really can`t say anything about release.
Btw thank you for your interest toward our art...it`s nice to know that someone digs it (and yes it`s me who sings there)

/tero/soundsleep

inaeturnum said:
Hello again!!
Hmm..lyrics..i am terrible keeping those things in safe. Let`s put it that way: if i find them, i send them to your personal um-box. Is it ok? Like i said before,never would`ve believed that somebody would remember that old bony opeth ripoff piece of music But iam really glad that you did. Today i can`t even listen it anymore...it`s just terrible playing and arrangements...
Considering releasing our music it`s only matter that somebody would release it. We haven`t send any of our stuff to record labels but i think we gonna do that with our new songs...and then let`s hope that somebody is interested which i doubt. Iam currently writing material to album or some kind of work of art but i really can`t say anything about release.
Btw thank you for your interest toward our art...it`s nice to know that someone digs it (and yes it`s me who sings there)

/tero/soundsleep
I really enjoyed your work on "Depth". Great job, man. Keep up the good work, and let me know where I can hear more!

strange that the writer would show up here when a thread about his old band is started. i've seen that happen here before. is it possible to have an alert that lets someone know when they're being talked about? i'm serious. i think the odds are a bit ridiculous for a mere coincidence.

dorian gray said:
strange that the writer would show up here when a thread about his old band is started. i've seen that happen here before. is it possible to have an alert that lets someone know when they're being talked about? i'm serious. i think the odds are a bit ridiculous for a mere coincidence.

Or is it fate, dorian?

Impressive material, inaeternum! Where can I dload "the withering process"?

PS. Kyllä ne suomalaiset osaa tehdä musiikkia :)

dorian gray said:

:) I would think same as you...but the truth is that i check this forum weekly if there's some new information about the band which we all love. i did put thread over year ago of my band's recorded song..only to get some feedback and to see if people like it or not. So it was pretty funny to see that someone was asking to have some info about stuff we did.
It's funny but absolutely acceptable to see your reaction dorian...but truth is that this forum is not for my bands promotion, but if someone asks about it, i will gladly respond, and you would do the same
cheers!

Joo..Suomi on parhaimmuutta, sanoohan se pate mustajärvikii sen :)

Inaeturnum: Your stuff is great I really loved it. Keep up the good work!!
Thanks to Anarkissed who post this, so now I'm listening something new.
I'm not judging, but this reminded me Amorphis (which I love).

\m/ :kickass
Luz.-

Inaeturnum: I also quite enjoyed those 2 songs that you linked to. I would like to hear more of your band along with this famed "The Withering Process" :Spin:

I would also like if you could release lyrics to those songs or if you would email them to me. I tend to add lyrics to my MSN name quite often, and it would be a shame if I wrote them completely wrong :oops:

Anyways, keep up the good work and good luck with your band! :headbang:

inaeturnum said:
:) I would think same as you...but the truth is that i check this forum weekly if there's some new information about the band which we all love. i did put thread over year ago of my band's recorded song..only to get some feedback and to see if people like it or not. So it was pretty funny to see that someone was asking to have some info about stuff we did.
It's funny but absolutely acceptable to see your reaction dorian...but truth is that this forum is not for my bands promotion, but if someone asks about it, i will gladly respond, and you would do the same
cheers!
heh! thanks mate. i figured it was just a matter of you checking the forum on a regular basis. i was serious about the alert idea though. i've seen some extremely random people show up when their name's been mentioned...almost as if they're just sitting there waiting. ;)

I'm sure there's some sort of supernatural occurance that allows people to 'know' when they're being talked about :p

@Luz - no probs! Great music like this needs more exposure...and we really need to get this dude a label. Is Lee B around? =D

@Inaeturnum - Well, hope you find the lyrics, it'd be awesome knowing what you're singing/growling, so i can sing/growl along!
Would you be able to post The Withering Process again? And if not, would you allow me to? I'm sure people would love it.

Hello again and thanks for your tremendously positive feedback. It means a lot!
It`s ok to share "the withering process". i don`t bother neither do rest of the band. But remember, it`s awful playing and we had rehearsed only one time as a whole band before it was recorded. so there`s pretty sloppy playing...
yup...gotta play my new guitar now:)
(here`s picture of it`s model...and its GRRRRRRREAT!!!)
http://www.flaxwood.com/main.site?action=siteupdate/view&id=12
take it easy and remember to drink lotsa beer!!! :)

^ Those two mp3's were pretty cool, somebody please post 'The Withering Process'