The word "INTERNATIONAL"

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
It seems many Divebomb US (aka "domestic") e-store customers aren't aware of what the word "international" means these days. Many of them keep ordering the international 2 pack of the SCANNER albums, despite living in USA. They in fact pay more money choosing that option and lose a jewel case in the process (however I ship both in cases).

Not sure, but I assume they think they are saving themselves money choosing that option despite it saying "international". It it a tiny bit more expensive actually, because of postal rate hike in January and this was option I presented to help international customers save on shipping.

I get U.S. ebay sellers stating they don't send packages to international countries but I don't consider Canada an international destination from the US. I always considered overseas as international to North America.
With that being said, don't take down the Scanner deal until i've ordered them, which i hope to be soon.:Smokedev:

The postal service does see Canada as international though; sure you would think it would be simple because it is only an additional truck to take it over the border.
:lol:Matt we massively extend this thread if we want to talk about the things some customers are "confused" by.

I get U.S. ebay sellers stating they don't send packages to international countries but I don't consider Canada an international destination from the US. I always considered overseas as international to North America.
With that being said, don't take down the Scanner deal until i've ordered them, which i hope to be soon.:Smokedev:

For me it's anything not within the continental US. The deal remains up as long as it keep selling, which it is.

But I can see why Ebay sellers consider Canada international simply for package tracking issues.

Maybe i should clarify a bit. My questions to the ebay sellers are more about their "international rates" than geography. Shipping cost to Canada from the U.S., for say one cd, is usually (or used to be) somewhere between within the U.S. cost and overseas cost.

Maybe i should clarify a bit. My questions to the ebay sellers are more about their "international rates" than geography. Shipping cost to Canada from the U.S., for say one cd, is usually (or used to be) somewhere between within the U.S. cost and overseas cost.

with rate hike it's MUCH closer to overseas costs now. i want to say it rose by something like 56% or something insane. i was shocked. Mexico used to be the same way, but it's now same prices as regular international mail.

with rate hike it's MUCH closer to overseas costs now. i want to say it rose by something like 56% or something insane. i was shocked. Mexico used to be the same way, but it's now same prices as regular international mail.

Yeah, I know. I feel bad for all you labels/sellers in the U.S., it must really have hit you hard as far as orders go. Sucks for the buyers too obviously.

yes, it's hit everybody hard sadly enough. Government has no idea how badly they are hurting US business insisting on trying to crush the USPS in an attempt to privatize it. If it goes that route we are all f**ked.