"The X Factor" Appreciation Thread

Yeah, that's what I mean...

Virtual XI is the only Maiden album I actually don't have... is it as good as X Factor or worse? I've only heard Lightning Strikes Twice and Futureal and both those songs are pretty good.

dont expect to get any objective answer about it.
x factor is the most unique album in maidens career. with bruce leaveing and steves divorce and his fathers death the album reflected the darker gittier period in steves life. as a result he made an effort to make VXI have a lighter more mainstream sound.

the blaze bashers are still around with their tired routine and you can be sure you will get replys here saying how VXI sucks and how terrible blaze is. i love the album, but if you want to know what some peoples complaints are that might actually be issues for you, 1st is the use of synthasizers, specially angel and the gambler has a predominant synth rythm. another regular complaint is some people think the choruses steve wrote for it are too repetative.
if you like strikes twice and futureal i think you will likeat least most of the album. no matter what anyone trys to tell you and even with the camp chaos remakes with the eddie cartoons added, the video for the angel and the gambler is maidens best video ever and probably allways will be.

I liked Futureal and The Angel and the Gambler. Well, the radio edit of the latter anyway.

The Clansman had the potential to be amazing.

Virtual XI is overall more appealing to me than X Factor.