The X series pedals

False_Cause

New Metal Member
Jan 31, 2004
I was looking at three in the series the synth wah, the metal master, and the hyper phase are they any good ??? :confused:

they are all very digital

the metal master is good tho, you can get almost any sound you want out of that pedal, which is good.

i dont know much about the others, cept that youd probly be happier with a boss or a real danelectro pedal, not those mini shits that they sell in sam goody for 20 bucks, but the big ones that sell for more round 60.

the compressor/;sustainer is supposed to be good as well.

DoD/Digitech pedals have always been crap, especially in comparison to Boss. I haven't touched a DoD in years though, maybe they finally cleaned up their act. Doubt it. :)

in my opinion, EVERY "Metal" pedal out there is complete and utter shit, including the metal zone. Dod's "death metal" pedal sounds more like black metal but only at very low volume, and the digitech metal master is really bad, as most of them are defective(me and my friend have been through at least 4). try something different and go with just an overdrive pedal through your amps gain, or just an eq pedal. hell even try a bass overdrive pedal

if you need a pedal just go with boss. really the best/most proven option out there.

and if you want good distortion you won't get it out of a pedal, with a few exceptions that are more preamp then dist box, Gt-6, Pod, ect.