Theatre of Tragedy

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
Is anyone into Theatre of Tragedy? I ask because ToT have the same demoralising atmosphere as Katatonia.. although obviously there are many differences!!

I haven't heard the new album, 'Assembly', but I've got everything else by them.

My personal favourites are 'Velvet Darkness They Fear' and 'Aegis'.

Anyone feel the same? Disagree?

Velvet Darkness... is one of the best albums recorded. I also like the s/t, but I do not like Aegis or anything after it.

I actually prefer some of their newer stuff to some of the older albums.

Same with me. I think some songs on "Velvet Darkness..." are a little lame. "Musique" and "Assembly" rock a lot more, in my opinion - though it took me a while to get used to the new sound and the new lyrics. Actually, I still haven't gotten used to the new stuff, but I enjoy listening to it when I'm relatively happy. It's highway music.

well, this is all a amatter of how we view the electronic touches. i mean, im dont have any prejudice against them, but overuse makes me sick. for instance tiamat had blended those electronics beautifully in their "a deeper kind of slumber" and ulver is quite good at it too (though i prfeer their older style)...but i think tot is not doing it moderately.

Hey ho.

I think they started very good with their 1st album.
They are a little bit boring nowadays. The style is different, but okay. Not really metal, you're right guys!
But I really like the song "Image" from "Musique". A smashing, catchy, poppy one. Check it out! :)

So long

NICO

Originally posted by CLARET
But I really like the song "Image" from "Musique". A smashing, catchy, poppy one. Check it out! :)

Absolutely! The newer ToT stuff doesn't do a lot of me, but 'Image' is a great party song...

It's the 'dancearoundtheroomat2am' type track.

I love anything ToT has done. From 'A Hamlet...' to 'Image'. Metal fans should get away from them and keep up till Aegis.

Open-minded persons keep it up.

And about Katatonia and ToT, yeah, ToT is more romantic while Katatonia is about the darkest regions of despair.

Originally posted by Kains D
I love anything ToT has done. From 'A Hamlet...' to 'Image'. Metal fans should get away from them and keep up till Aegis.

Open-minded persons keep it up.

And about Katatonia and ToT, yeah, ToT is more romantic while Katatonia is about the darkest regions of despair.

oh, dont bring up this subject of "open-mindedness". i am an open minded person, i mean i listen to so many different genres: hell, i even listen to jay jay johanson and a bit of portishead. so im definitely not against electronic music, but not a big fan of it, either. i just like old ToT and had gotten used to it, thats all. and their new stuff isnt that good.