Theocracy 2016 concerts

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
GHOST SHIP EUROPEAN TOUR:
Nov. 4: Hall of Fame - Wetzikon, Switzerland
Nov. 5: Kreatief - Neckarsulm, Germany
Nov. 6: Exit-US - Prague, Czech Republic
Nov. 8: Call for Eternity vol. 4 festival - Collosseum - Kosice, Slovakia (label mates Within Silence also performing)
- Facebook event page has more info: http://www.facebook.com/events/216370375424102
Nov. 10: Melodka - Brno, Czech Republic
Nov. 11: DGH Niederaula - Niederjossa/Hessen, Germany
Nov. 12: Brainstorm Festival - Apeldoorn, Netherlands (Narnia headlines Nov. 11)
- Facebook event page has more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1731120157129303/

Dec. 3: 'Ghost Ship' Album Release Concert - Atlanta, GA, USA: http://www.facebook.com/events/1880524165499699/

Last edited:
I just saw this gig posted today, with some hint that others are coming, so I thought I'd make one thread and update the first post anytime another show is announced.

This is supposed to be the english text, but right now it's still in dutch. You can see vrijdag (friday), 11 and Narnia in the first paragraph.

http://www.brainstormfestival.com/indexeng.html

Other acts are still unknown. Early bird tickets for 25 Euro available until june 9th, after june 9th the regular price (whatever that may be).

Oh, I see. Narnia is headlining on Nov. 11. I thought you were saying you saw some other Nov. 11 gig with Theocracy and Narnia. Post #1 updated! Thanks...

rssllue, I haven't heard of any. In a thread last year, I explained why you won't see the band do many US shows, aside from the occasional show in their home region or festival elsewhere. Check it out for background:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/west-coast-tour-request.974838/

I see that you're in WI. For many years I tried to find a way to get them to MN, but I eventually accepted that it just wasn't feasible to get them to our region, so I flew down to Atlanta to see them in 2014 when they played the ProgPower festival.

rssllue, I haven't heard of any. In a thread last year, I explained why you won't see the band do many US shows, aside from the occasional show in their home region or festival elsewhere. Check it out for background:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/west-coast-tour-request.974838/

I see that you're in WI. For many years I tried to find a way to get them to MN, but I eventually accepted that it just wasn't feasible to get them to our region, so I flew down to Atlanta to see them in 2014 when they played the ProgPower festival.

Thanks very much for the info about the process and problems with trying to get a show/tour set up. I know that around here we have the Lifest festival in the summer that includes all different types of music, but I don't know if something like that would be feasible for Theocracy; though it would be super cool!

We also have a small club called The Cup O Joy that brings in Christian bands to do one or (I think) at times two shows. Again, I don't know if this is something that would make any sense (or dollars too ;)) for the band to even try to do. I would hope that one day it is possible, especially since this album seems to be charging up the charts which might lead to more opportunities for the band to reach areas they have not before.

Either way, I am excited to see what God has planned for them!

Well, got out with the wife last night to see the boys. We arrived a few minutes before they went on stage at 9. The. place. was. PACKED! I've seen them there about 4 times, and this was the fullest I've seen it. I even heard that some people came in from Canada. The first thing that hit me walking in was a sea of I AM shirts. :D And to attest that most people were there for Theocracy, when they were done, the place cleared out (felt sorry for the last band.) It was cool to see that there were people from all walks of life in attendance. I even saw two guys with arms around each other and hands held high singing loudly to a lot of the songs.

They were the tightest I've ever heard them. I was wearing ear plugs, so for me it was a little muffled, but I pulled them out a few times and it sounded great. The last time I saw them the sound at the club was muddied. Which was really sad. I could hear Matt ... and a bunch of noise. This was not the case this time. Someone told me Matt had been sick right before the event, but you could not tell it on stage. The only down side was they did not play "Laying the Demon to Rest" which is great live. But one of the highlights was Matt getting choked up during "Mirror of Souls" to where he couldn't finish the lyric. It touched everyone there and made the crowd cheer him on. It made me happy to see them playing to a filled room. I was also able to snag one of the last Ghost Ship shirts that they had in fat boy size.

I didn't stay long after because we had church the next day and our daughter was watching our son. But we had time to say hello to Matt (who is always open to talking to people after the gig) and we also got to chat quickly with his mom, who is super nice and a joy to talk to. I forgot to get the band to sign the CD. :/

Reactions: Aish!
I was there too! Drove down with some friends. We got there early and stood right in front of the stage for the whole show. I too was hoping for Laying the Demon to Rest, but apart from that one they hit just about every song I really hoped for, even MoS! :D

My friends and I actually met the family that came down from Ontario. They seemed chill. The venue was great too. Great all around experience. Definitely the best concert I've ever attended.

\m/-_-\m/

I was there also with JayArby!!!

Life changing show for me. Having never seen them live before I was very much looking forward to it, and they exceeded all expectations!

My favorite moment was during Mirror of souls I had a couple tears while singing "behold Ive built a bridge for you" and then I looked up and Matt was breaking down crying as well. Just speaks to the powerful impact that song has on me, Matt, and I know many others.

Other highlights included the "Whoa" parts in Ghost Ship, and breaking my voice/neck to Absolution day!!

We drove 15 hours one way to see them and I'd do it again if the chance comes up!