Theocracy forum idea

Silent Song said:
i'm not sure why they make higher priced soundcards that have 1/8" ins

those particular soundcards may not be made for the main purpose of recording audio. Audio interfaces should have the 1/4" jacks as well as other goodies. The high end ones with 1/8" jacks only are more for better quality playback and/or audio mixing etc. Beware of the interfaces that rely on USB.
(some people like them, some don't) I had a Digitech RPx400 floorboard with all the goods, and it connected to the PC via USB. It worked sure enough but the sound quality was terrible compared to my Pod and stereo analogue jacks...I also ran into some latency problems.

My bass player came by tonight with an Aeryon DVD, and in the special features Arjen describes his tone setting (remember we were discussing this earlier)
as he uses the Line 6 POD Pro as I do I was very interested. I tried his settings out and sure enough what a great sound I now have....he tunes down to D so he uses less distortion than I do, but using his settings as a guide I now have the perfect sound for my own project. It is as follows.
Amp Model: Rectified
Drive/dist: 1 o'clock
Bass: 10 o'clock
Mid: MAX
Trebel: 1 o'clock
Cabinet model: 4x12 position 1

the other settings are set to whatever you need...also these results will vary depending on your guitar and amp etc...but this is working well for me.