Therion returns from the desolate shadows

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
NEW ALBUM UNDERWAY

Hello everyone!

It has been a long time since you have heard anything new from Therion, so I thought I should give a few updates. As you may or may not know, Therion is in the process of recording a new album. As usual, Therion is being very secretive about the entire process, but I will reveal some details:A new studio has been built for most of the recording of this album. The mix, and a few recordings, will be done at another studio - "A truly legendary studio!" Expect something spectacular, even by Therion's standards!The recording will continue for the rest of the year, and probably also through January.Also, a new website is still in the making.

-Christofer

Yay!

Therion is one of my favorite bands ever. Glad to know they're getting off their fat asses and giving us some m-m-m-m-m-metal.

Yesss, I used to love Therion too, Theli & The Secrets of the Runes are my favorite :) Dan Swanö sings so great (Theli)! Well, I also like their first cd's...

Hope they create some good stuff :)

^ Hehe yeah me too, it's not my favourite but I love Dag.

This is great news, I wonder how big the change from Gothic Kabbalah (ah the memories of Paris come to me. Good, and bad memories. Bloody Parisians are so dumb.) will be.

Hmm I wonder how the leaving of, well, almost everyone in the band, has affected Christopher's latest creation.

Heck, maybe he'll go back to the old Black Metal days :p (I hope not, though.)

When you think about it the main line-up, i.e. Christofer and the Nieman bros. didn't change for a long time, until the last (major) change. He's always changing drummers and vocalists, but the core not so much.

The last I heard is the Nieman brothers quit (which sucks), and Thomas Vikestrom is the new singer. I liked Matts voice on "Sirius B" and "lemuria," I thought his voice fit Therion perfect on those awesome records.

The last I heard is the Nieman brothers quit (which sucks), and Thomas Vikestrom is the new singer. I liked Matts voice on "Sirius B" and "lemuria," I thought his voice fit Therion perfect on those awesome records.

Yes!!! Mats Levén was, without doubt, Therion's best voice. He really went well with the band, not only musically speaking, but also as a frontman. Ahh I remember when they came here and when I saw them in London, good times.

Christofer Johnsson, mastermind for Swedish progressive metal experimentalists THERION, has posted the following update on the band’s official webpage:

“I'm happy to announce that THERION are now entering the later phases of the recording of the new album, which will be mixed at the legendary Polar Studios in Stockholm. The album title will be Sitra Ahra. 13 songs are being recorded, but it is at this moment not certain which, or if all, of those will end up on the actual record.”

About the upcoming Sitra Ahra material, "Expect something spectacular, even by THERION's standards!"

Vocalist Thomas Vikstrom (ex-CANDLEMASS) became a permanent member of the band in May 2009. Stated Johnsson: "Thomas is, besides being a very warm and nice person, an incredibly talented singer and songwriter. And while also being a classically trained tenor, he simply fits perfectly in the band."

THERION's current line up includes drummer Johan Koleberg (ANIMAL, ZAN CLAN, LION'S SHARE) and bassist Nalle "Grizzly" Pahlsson (TREAT, ZAN CLAN, VINDICTIV).

Ok, I just felt that I needed to post my list of favourite Therion-albums.

1. Lepaca Kliffoth
2. Secret Of The Runes
3. Symphony Masses: Ho Drakon Ho Megas
4. Lemuria
5. Theli
6. Crowning Of Atlantis
7. A´Arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming
8. Sirius B
9. Vovin
10. Gothic Kabbalah
11. Deggial
12. Beyond Sanctorum

Haven't really listened to "Of Darkness" so I don't think it's fair to include it on this list.

nice list, quite different from mine but there is a couple albums I don't have on there. Personally, I couldn't get into Secret of the runes as much as others, it was so simplistic with hardly any details, but did have some good music hooks.

Artwork revealed!!!

sitraahra.png

Tracklist:

1. Introduction/Sitra Ahra
2. Kings of Edom
3. Unguentum Sabbati
4. Land of Canaan
5. Hellequin
6. 2012
7. Cú Chulainn
8. Kali Yuga III
9. The Shells are open
10. Din
11. Children of the stone: After the Inquisition

I'm really excited about this album, I wonder if the style changed a bit due to the line-up changes. I can't wait to see them live!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxaVqCds-cE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxaVqCds-cE&feature=related[/ame]

Not very good quality, but there's Kali Yuga III. Not different at all, I'm kind of disappointed. But you can't judge an album on one track ;).

Holy crap Christopher cut his hair! :p

EDIT 2:

Snowy Shaw isn't with the band any more, I guess he couldn't stand Chris hahahaha.