Therion - Sitra Ahra

I've been trying like hell to get into this band, a song, a riff, something!!! I have Gothic Kabbalah and Lemuria / Sirius B and dl'ed Sitra whateva, but I can't find one thing here that interests me! Nothing, not a snippet! It sucks, because they are headlining Saturday night and the only band I ever gave up on was Rage due to a developing medical condition from the flight in...but it looks like I may give up and bail out before Therion

I'm trying, failing, and it sucks!

Well, let's be honest here, based on some of the other stuff you've posted as being to your liking...Therion isn't really up your alley. that doesn't mean there's anything inherently lacking in the music itself.

Therion for sure is a top 10 band for me. I have to say this album is different than their most recent releases. It doesn't grab your attention like Sirius B/Lemuria or Gothic Kabbalah does. As some have said in this thread, it really is quite the grower. It took me the third of fourth spin to really get it and now I love it. It probably is one of my top 5 discs from last year at worst, top 10. Best thing I can say is don't go into it thinking it's going to be like the past few albums.

Well, let's be honest here, based on some of the other stuff you've posted as being to your liking...Therion isn't really up your alley. that doesn't mean there's anything inherently lacking in the music itself.

Thats a hard thing to assume based on previous posts. If I had to name a list of bands as favorites there would be a vast ocean of stylistic differences.
1. Fates Warning 2. Savatage 3. Overkill 4. Black Crowes 5. Led Zeppelin
6. Sieges Even 7. Pain of Salvation 8. Guns & Roses 9. Epica 10. Helstar
11. Evergrey 12. Power of Omens 13. Zero Hour 14. Vandenplas 15. Justin Bieber lmfao!

In looking at a list like that I guess its safe to assume that Therion would not "fit". For the most part I can't get into any of the quirky bands that Glenn sneaks onto the bill, and a big band such as Therion, while I hope it clicks at some point, just aint cutting it

Though I'm still not wild about the new album, here is a live performance of my favorite song, which gives me hope that it will be played at ProgPower:

Nice tongue, Thomas. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator: