Therions new album "Gothic Kabbalah"

Deadlift

Oct 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Anyone heard it and what do you think about it?

Therions new album "Gothic Kabbalah" has grown on me over the last week. It was mediocre at the start but now it's a lot better. New singer instead of Christoffer. I really like this album. I had some negative vibes towards it from the start but it has really proven me to be wrong.

I recommend it !

4/5

:kickass: NP: Therion - Chain of Minerva

Christofer hasn't been the singer since Lepaca Kliffoth in 95. (Excluding two tracks on Lemuria.)

I really like the album. It's very different compared to their previous works though. Adulruna Rediviva is a bit more Therionish than the rest, but that might have to do with the fact that that song and Mitternachtlöwe were originally meant to be on the upcoming album written at the same time as Lemuria and Sirius B. Lots of power metal and progressive metal influence. What like about the album is that it is a concept album giving the album a more complete impression than Sirius B and Lemuria, both musically and lyrically.

I used to like Therion since their debut album,but the new one is a
Complete shit , its so disappointing.
They turned to play progressive shit:erk:

This seems to happen with all bands, they release the best shit in their career then the next album they change for the worse, or just suck. I am guessing then there is no growling vocals on the new one... all power metal singing right?

well most of it is prog shit,you can still find some symphonic melodies in it,but they simply emphasize on prog shit (I cant say the word prog without following it by shit)

Therion first started Black->Symphonic->Progressive shit:yuk:

Haha, yeah. The first Therion albums were truly kvlt black metal. :rolleyes:

The greatest quality of Therion is that they constantly evolve, never stagnating musically. This has however resulted in some fans complaining about how they sold out after every single release. It happened back in 1992 when they released Beyond Sanctorum, featuring Middle Eastern folk music, synths, operatic vocals and other non-tr00 things for a death metal band and it's apparently still happening 15 years and 10 albums later.

And most of the vocals are of the operatic kind, so if you weren't annoyed by the presence of power metal vocals on Lemuria and Sirius B, it won't be an issue on this one either. It's also kind of ironic to see people complaining about a band going more progressive on an Opeth forum. :)

This album has great material, just give it some time and you'll love it. It should also be noted that most of the tracks on the promo are cut by 20 seconds of so. Some solos are removed and stuff like that.

I just wish they would of kept doing death vocals to make it as diverse as possible, oh well im sure the music will rule. Cris never lets us down with 10 Therion albums and counting, this dude has been coming up with cool music for awhile now.

Haha, yeah. The first Therion albums were truly kvlt black metal. :rolleyes:

:Smug:

This album has great material, just give it some time and you'll love it. It should also be noted that most of the tracks on the promo are cut by 20 seconds of so. Some solos are removed and stuff like that.

Just gave it some time then threw it right in the recycle bin.:erk:

Welp, I like prog, but I didn't think this band was capable of being progressive. And I won't believe it till I hear it.

The new album is feautring guest artists like Mats Levén and Snowy Shaw.
so maybe now they're capable.
Dunno if it's against the rulez to put a link here .

Honestly, the best work they have ever produced was there symphonic stuff...frankly I think Jrgen nailed it on the head with his posts.

......wtf kind of name is "Gothic Kabbalah"??....fucking........ugh yuck.

Gothic Kabbalah is a Swedish version of the Jewish Kabbalah developed by Johan Bure, whom this concept album is mainly about. Gothic refers to the southernmost of Sweden's three main regions called Gothia in Latin (Götaland in Swedish). It is the home of the Geats (götar) and traditionally considered the original home of the Goths (goter) before they went southwards. So it has nothing to do with our contemporary goths.