Therion's Next Album

The new album is called "Gothic Kabbalah". It's actually part 3 of the trilogy where parts one and two were Lemuria and Serius B
kaballah.jpg

Is it a triology? I thought I heard that thy were all written at the same time, but not necessarily as a trilogy (concept wise). That's why they released Lemuria and Sirius B together, as Therion didn't want to spread out 3 albums over several years, all from material written around the same time.

Cheiron said:
Is it a triology? I thought I heard that thy were all written at the same time, but not necessarily as a trilogy (concept wise). That's why they released Lemuria and Sirius B together, as Therion didn't want to spread out 3 albums over several years, all from material written around the same time.

true on all counts. No real 'trilogy' as a concept, but a trilogy in the fact that when they went into the studio to record Lemuria/Sirius B they went in with 55 songs.

What the Gothic Kabbalah represents is the remaining 'best of the best' from the Lemuria/Sirius B writing sessions. And if I remember correctly, Christopher said somewhere that it was going to have a sound along the lines of 'The Wondrous World of Punt'. In other words, eclectic and wordly, but pretty heavy too.

Pure Therion. :heh: And I am chomping at the bit.

So we're getting what was left over from the Lemuria/Sirius B recordings? Man I'd sure like to cry outrage for that, but this is Therion. They don't write bad material, so even leftovers are better than most bands can create.

This does take some of the intrigue away though, since we pretty much know what to expect...

Not leftovers. They recorded the songs,and then arranged them CD by CD as they thought the songs would best fit together, on a single album. So don't think that they are just songs that didn't cut it for the first two discs.

Cheiron said:
Not leftovers. They recorded the songs,and then arranged them CD by CD as they thought the songs would best fit together, on a single album. So don't think that they are just songs that didn't cut it for the first two discs.
So this album has been "in the can" for almost two years now? Has anyone in music history just "sat" on an album for such a long period of time so as to not over-saturate the market? Is Therion really THAT good?

Methinks they might be!

Braxil said:
We should all book a group flight and go to that classical gig, or they should at least film it. :(

yeah, I hope to God that they at least film it. Since it's a fund raiser, you'd think the Romanians would want some funds from dvd sales. That would be a no-brainer.

I never dreamed they would not film it.......whew, what a scary thought!

Damnit, Therion for Progpower VIII. We've waited long enough, I think. It's an outside chance at best, but then again, I never dreamed Glenn would ever be able to get them in the first place! :kickass:

This is very good news! The previous two albums rocked!

Well, all Therion rocks...

metalsped said:

That article leaves so much unsaid.... The assumption is that Snowy will be just singing, and not playing drums.....but who knows? Heck, it just means that much more talent on the stage when they perform. :headbang:

Two female singers? Either they're hiring an additional female soloist, or firing one of the backup singers, or Blabbermouth got it wrong. The latter is likely. :D