They still worship the sun or Saturn !

Anyone interested in paganism's influence on Christiantiy should read Pagans and Christians by Robin Lane Fox. He's not a theologian (Matter of fact he's an atheist) but he's an historian and approaches the topic from a purely historical standpoint. Fascinating stuff.

This thread is crazy.
I just had a read through, and was intrigued enough to think about watching those videos, and devolping a view on the subject.

I am a Roman Catholic.

He called it his house and a place of prayer and that is very much what we go to Church to. Even from Old Testament times, when God was dealing with the Jews as a nation, he told them to build a place for prayer/worship and even dedicated a group of people for the priesthood and to handle things related to the temple. Christ did not come to abolish the notion of a Church and in fact you see in the New Testament that they speak about priests, bishops, church and the like and of Christians gathering together for worship.

Me in particular? No. But he sure did all over the gospels. Here is one example: “Jesus saith to them: But whom do you say that I am? Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:15-16). He accepted the answer. He also answers in the affirmative when the Jews ask him whether he is the Son of God (Matthew 26:63-64; Luke 22:70).

Hope that helps.
Okay. Thanks bro. that helps. I didn't mean he told YOU in person :p but the people you belong to. Roman Catholics.
Did Jesus Christ write any version of the bible or those were written by his apostles or disciples ?
and about building temple and calling it his house, even in Islam, the black square of Mecca is called the house of God. So this seems like a common thing between religions.