Off Topi: Movie Script

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
I am in the process of writing a movie script. Its going to be about 30 minutes long. Ijust finished the first scene. Me and some friends are going to make this movie when the script is done. I waswondering if you could tell me what you think of it so far. Its about a cult who no one takes serious so they decide to make a horror movie. I have another movie online that I made. If anyone wants to atch it click here

enjoy

Cult Classic

By: Darren Frey

EXT. Cemetery Day Time

Seymour, Stan, and Adam sit in the middle of the cemetery. Stan is reading from a wiccan spell book.

Stan
It says here the four corners are Earth, fire, wind, and water.

Seymour
No shit Sherlock! Haven’t you seen The Craft?

Adam
I prefer movies like SLC Punk.

Seymour
Then go cut yourself emu!

Stan
Emo

Seymour
Whatever, same thing.

Stan
The point is we can start doing Wicca now.

Seymour
Wicca is for tree huggers

Stan
That’s not what you said last night

Seymour
That’s not what your mom said last night either.
Stan and Seymour stand up in anger while Adam stands up in between them.

Adam
Stop it guys they are watching.

Seymour
Who is watching?

Adam
Those two dead girls

Seymour
Damnit for the last time that’s a movie

Adam holds up his index finger and talks to it

Adam
I’m scared Tommy

Adam (in a screechy voice)
Don’t be scared, it’s like Mr. Halloran said, pictures in a book.

Stan
Who is Mr. Halloran?

Seymour
Adam’s parents’ gardener

Stan
That explains a lot.

Trent, Paul, Vivica, and Corey enter the graveyard.

Trent
Well, well, well if it isn’t Seymour and his little friends. Where’s your girlfriend Seymour?

Seymour
At home watching the Golden Girls.

Trent, Vivica, Paul, and Corey all laugh.

Trent
What are you doing here? You know who this cemetery belongs to.

Stan
Dead people?

Trent
No idiot, us.

Corey
You’re buried here?

Trent
No, I mean this is our turf.

Paul
Yeah so you better just watch it.

Trent
I got it handled Paul

Paul
Sorry Trent,

Seymour
We were here first Trent. I don’t give a shit what you say.

Trent
Where is your manners moron, a lady is present.

Seymour
If you are talking about Vivica I have seen worse things that come out of her mouth.

Vivica grins and gives Seymour the finger.

Seymour
I bet I know where that finger has been.

Vivica ;ashes out at Seymour but is held bak by Trent

Vivica
I’m going to kill you, you hear me? I’m going to kill all of you!

Seymour
Ooh so scared. Come on guys lets go and let them get to sacrificing their stuffed animals to Satan.

Seymour, Adam, and Stan leave he graveyard.

pretty bad =/... reminds me of a wannabe seinfeld/judd apatow scene.

also, you should invest in a tripod for your movies.

the movie is gonna be called "cult classic"? isnt that like calling it "scary movie" "date movie" etc? definitely change the name.

So this is basically like a playground argument...but in a graveyard? How old are these characters? idk...the dialogue seems kinda immature, like an outtake from a South Park episode or something. :shrug:

ok I canned the cult movie idea and wrote a new script. I hope everyonne likes this one better.

The Exorcism

Caption
The film you are about to see is real. The exorcism took place on Halloween night in 2007. Against the wishes of the Vatican, this tape was released to the public. This is the night an exorcism went horribly wrong.

The scene begins with Father Asher adjusting camera in a bedroom with a woman lying on a bed with a slightly bloody lip and with dark rings around her eyes. Father Asher backs away from the camera and takes his place near the bed where Dr. McDorman stands along with Reagan Jenson, Rose’s sister.

Father Asher
This is the exorcism of Rose Jenson. Those present are myself, Father Asher, Dr. McDorman to monitor Rose, and Rose’s sister Reagan.

Father Asher picks up a small bottle of holy water and a bible.

Father Asher
Lets begins. First I want to warn everyone to remain calm. We will be dealing with a demon. Before we begin all bow your head and take a moment to pray. I will need you to useall of your spiritual strength.

Everyone bows their head to pray. As they do Rose begins to moan and slowly move around in the bed.

Father Asher
Quick, tie her down.

Dr. McDorman and Reagan tie Rose’s arms to the bed post. Reagan begins growling and kicking her legs. Father Asher sprinkles holy water on Rose and she begins screaming.

Reagan
Oh my God!

Rose (In a demonic voice)
God can’t help you child!

Father Asher
Demon I command you to leave this child! Return to the fiery hell in which you came!

Rose struggles to get free.

Dr. McDorman
Father….

Father Asher
Demon I command you at once to leave this child of God!
Rose gets a hand free and as Father Asher tries to restrain her, she grabs him by the throat and shoves him back andhe falls to the ground. She gets up from the bed and runs away screaming. Father Asher gets up and he, Dr. McDorman, and Reagan give chase. Screaming is heard by everyone and over the screaming, Father Asher is heard.

Father Asher
I command you to leave this girl at once!

Reagan
Oh no she has a gun!

Several gunshots are heard and then Rose is heard growling and a single gunshot goes off.

The scene fades to black and another caption appears.

Caption
On this day everyone involved in the exorcism of Rose Jenson was killed by the demon. The Vatican has yet to comment on the day’s events.

Ending Credits

So is Reagan or Rose kicking and growling? Hmm, Reagan...:err:??

Not much originality here, and not very interesting. The short film looked like a really bad version of The Blair Witch Project. Again, not interesting. I FF'd through most of it.

I hate to be an asshole, here, but between the song lyrics a while back and these ventures into film-making/writing, you seem to be a real glutton for punishment.

Just an observation, though...carry on if you must!:zombie:

EDIT: Kudos for ditching the cemetary scene. That was absolutely horrible!

only my humble suggestion but, move away from your town, it seems awful and dosent inspire a very good feeling of community, ican only hope Mr.Cornfield was in proceddings of fucking off from there as he crossed the road the night he was knocked down :/
btw, you sound very much like billy corgan, is he from your town?

I did some soul searching today and realised that instead of doing all these things I think I can do I should do what I can do which is write. I have been writing all my life and need to do something with a talent I already have.

alright i'm not going to doubt that, but imo you should start to stray away from the generic subjects of demonic possession and scary graveyards, it makes for pretty boring writing.

Write about whatever you want dude! How can you be inspired writing of something you don't like so much just because it's more original or just ignore this post since I don't know shit about writing :lol:

Horror or not just spend some time coming up with a unique concept before you even start writing.

Darkferret...i'm sure you're a talented writer outside of the scripts you posted, but this thread is no different from Waz posting his shitty covers and songs...just sayin'