Seymour Duncan ABH-1 vs ABH-2?

Apr 2, 2009
I want to buy my first active pickup for bridge position. I always love seymour duncan's passive pickups, but something new is also great for me. After reading some quick reviews, I decided to choose Seymour Duncan's active pickup. But it has two versions- Blackout AHB-1 and AHB-2 (this version has 2 modes - awesome! But when checking its EQ on SD's site, I think it's a bit middy??? (B/M/T = 7/9/5)).
I play just metal and metal, from heavy metal, progressive metal, thrash to death metal (except from metalcore- just fashion music, IMO =.=).
Please help me to choose one. Thank you very much. \m/

go on the seymour duncan site and find the clips they have there, there's a page which has them all on. Myself i felt that the full shred sounded best in their test. Probably something to do with listening to a lot of opeth atm. But it did seem to approximate the tonal characteristics i've always wanted closest out of all of the pickups there, passive or active

I'm just about to upload a second shootout between the Blackout AHB-1 (AKA Blackout Bridge) and an EMG81, you might wanna hold off until hearing the results!

@skeksis268: thank you for the info. I've looked up for the clips on SD's site. But I could not find the AHB-2 clip (It has had AHB-1 clip already). AHB-1 sounds great for me. I have owned Sh4, Sh6, Sh13, Tb14, SH8 - awesome passive pickups, so I really wanna try an active one to fresh my favourite. The AHB-2 clips, that I found on Youtube, are recorded with bad quality, so I can't judge it. Hope someone here, who tried it , will give me their opinions.
@Metalastic: thank you so much! I really want to hear it! \m/