Thin Lizzy

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Any fans here of Thin Lizzy? They are one of those bands that slipped by me as a kid, not sure why, just never took the time to check them out. This week I ran into a bunch of Thin Lizzy vinyl so I'm doing a little catching up on them. So far I really like the album "Fighting" and also "Chinatown". Have about 7 or 8 more to check out, some of them are weird little import comps or something.

There's Thin Lizzy and all the other bands!

I have all their albums, not a single one bad. Some songs weaker than others, but all from 1971 to 1983 are pure the spirit of hard rock/heavy metal.

Favorite all time song: 'Emerald'

Like thunder and lightning
god damn, it's so exciting
It hits you like a hammer
god damn

Get the albums in this order:

1. Jailbreak
  2. Chinatown
  3. Black Rose
  4. Renegade
  5. Thunder And Lightning
  6. Bad Reputation
  7. Live And Dangerous
  8. Johnny The Fox
  9. Life/Live
  10. BBC Live Radio 1
  11. Fighting
  12. Vagabonds Of The Western World
  13. Nightlife
  14. Shades Of A Blue Orphanage
  15. Thin Lizzy

tedvanfrehley said:
I haven't heard a ton of Thin Lizzy but I've liked what I have heard, for sure.

Same here, I heard a few songs here and they're one of those bands that I have always wanted to buy an album of, but always forgot when I was at the store. I'm having a hard time collecting all the priest records.

THIN LIZZY!!!!!!:headbang:

They RULE! Very important in the creation of traditional metal! You can hear them in Priest and VERY much in Maiden.

Favorite songs:

Don't Believe A Word
Emerald
Vagabond Of The Western World
Jilbreak
Thunder And Lighting
Angel From The Cost
Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed
Fighting My Way Back
Ballad Of A Hard Man
Killer On The Loose

Favorite albums:
Jailbreak
Johnny The Fox
Fighting

oh yeh....they rule.

Thin Lizzy has been one of my favorite bands since I laid hands on Life/Live :worship:

Wyvern said:
Get the albums in this order:

1. Jailbreak
  2. Chinatown
  3. Black Rose
  4. Renegade
  5. Thunder And Lightning
  6. Bad Reputation
  7. Live And Dangerous
  8. Johnny The Fox
  9. Life/Live
  10. BBC Live Radio 1
I've always wondered whether the BBC Live is really official or not?
I got a copy of it with sound problems at times, just like a bootleg but the atmosphere of this recording is unbelievable, I love it.

Fangface said:
Thin Lizzy has been one of my favorite bands since I laid hands on Life/Live :worship:

[/list]I've always wondered whether the BBC Live is really official or not?
I got a copy of it with sound problems at times, just like a bootleg but the atmosphere of this recording is unbelievable, I love it.
As far as I know it is official, the same with the BBC sessions of Saxon. My copy sounds really good, I don't detect any flaws, and the version of "The Holy War" is amazing. Not to mention that like ALL Thin Lizzy live albums it comes with something extra with make it valuable, in this case 'A Night I The Life Of A Blues Singer'. They always have songs outside their studio albums, or changes in the songs like the amazing 'Rosalie/Cowgirl Song' in "Live & Dangerous", or the version of 'Don't Believe a Word' in "Life/Live".

Phil Lynnott was more than a rock star, he understood perfectly what rock was about, the albums, the shows, the fans. Sadly he never understood that drugs shouldn't be a part of it
32.gif

Papa I'm dying of an overdose, overdose, overdose
I tried to warn you don't come too close
I tried to tell you way back when we were young
I tried to warn you there was something wrong

Man, I'm really digging these albums, I should be shot for waiting so long check out this band. Phil had a great voice, very distinctive.

Have you guys seen the live in Aust DVD that came out a year or so ago? I was always meaning to get some Thin Lizzy albums but after seeing that DVD it was a priority. Luckily someone decided to trade in their collection. :)

Wyvern said:
As far as I know it is official, the same with the BBC sessions of Saxon. My copy sounds really good, I don't detect any flaws, and the version of "The Holy War" is amazing. Not to mention that like ALL Thin Lizzy live albums it comes with something extra with make it valuable, in this case 'A Night I The Life Of A Blues Singer'. They always have songs outside their studio albums, or changes in the songs like the amazing 'Rosalie/Cowgirl Song' in "Live & Dangerous", or the version of 'Don't Believe a Word' in "Life/Live".
OK I only got a bootleg copy of it, I'm still searching for the original cd.
Or maybe we're not talking about the same show, is it their last one ever in UK? You can almost hear the crowd cryin' at the end...

@Greeno : yep that DVD is killer despite the average production, too bad they didn't include any bonus too. Gary Moore always makes me smile when he "overacts" ;)

Get THUNDER & LIGHTINING album NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one was their last and HEAVIEST!!!!!! Most Heavy Metalic release by Thin Lizzy as well as produced by aka "MEGADUCER" Chris Tsangarides.

Killer guitars from mighty JOHN SYKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Phil Lynott The LEGEND

Fangface said:
OK I only got a bootleg copy of it, I'm still searching for the original cd.
Or maybe we're not talking about the same show, is it their last one ever in UK? You can almost hear the crowd cryin' at the end...

@Greeno : yep that DVD is killer despite the average production, too bad they didn't include any bonus too. Gary Moore always makes me smile when he "overacts" ;)
@ Fang: Mine is the BBC Radio One (Live At Reading) album. It was among the last ones of the band (being "Life/Live" IMO the definitive goodbye).

@ Greeno: I don't have that DVD but I want it is from the "Black Rose" tour, and not very official as far as I know, but good for a completist.

I check their website and there's NO mention of either album o_O

OK Wyv that's their last concert in UK indeed, "BBC Radio One" is for sale on Amazon so I think it must be official.
As for the DVD it's kinda semi-official, originally it was broadcasted on an australian TV channel, some label has bought/holds the rights of this recording.