things i bought this weekend...

deadair

Overly-Cryptic Jake
this
00468628.jpg

and this...
0525946772.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

sayin...

yeah, my roomie got the beck album...now he's trying to get me to go to see him and the flaming lips in november. Not that I'm opposed, but it's probably gonna be at least fifty bucks, right?

i love beck... but i would never see him live... mainly because of the people that would be there.

(this is the same reason i didn't fully enjoy seeing weezer on the 'pinkerton' tour... i could have kill people with my own hands at that show)

but, the new flaming lips is a rad album... tough call, but i'd still stay away from that show.

well, i saw the flaming lips last month anyway. i dont mind going to showsful of lamers, really, although that's honestly the one thing thats kept me from going to a tori amos show ever...

TORI TORI TORI SCREEEEEECH WEE LOVE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

The people that keep me from going to shows like that Beck/Flaming Lips one are the people who are only there to be seen there- the people who don't really know much Beck/Flaming Lips music, but like to go to shows because they want to be 'where it's at'. Annoying people clogging up all that shit. That and I can't justify paying more than $25 to see anyone play live. I get more out of free or $10 & under shows in tiny clubs than I do being stuck at the back of a smelly arena with 6'7" guys in front of me dripping sweat with no shirts beating each other's chests like gorillas.