Things I'm thinking about today

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
I really love when stores (for example Whole Foods or Starbucks) take an initiative to give customers discounts if they bring their own bags, mugs, etc. to cut down on waste.

Janet Jackson's promo poster for her new album is a picture of her topless, but bashfully/playfully covering her boobs. I think this is pretty funny and a good joke.

Horses: I have never ridden one but I really want to.

what? when did I ride a horse?

i mean i remember sitting on a pony or some sort as a wee lad, but I mean I'd like to do it for real, as an adult. You know, across the Gobi desert, etc.

Not only you guys don't seem to know each other, you have spotty memory. I can project a pretty interesting future in 25 years from now:

Toby: Do I know you?
Alex: Aren't we related?
Toby: Could be... do you like candies?
Alex: I hate candies! I think we did horseback riding once.
Toby: I've never done that.
Alex: I guess we don't know each other then...
Toby: What are you listening there?
Alex: My brother's old band, Kayo Dot it was called, very good.
Toby: No shit, I was in that band!
Alex: Really? I would remember you. You have no friends do you? You are trying to befriend me for that, aren't you?
Toby: No! I was really in that band. I played guitar and stuff. Although I can't recall any of the songs or anything.
Alex: That story has more holes than Secretary-General Bush's Iraq invasion for WMDs...
Toby: Man of no faith. Your face reminds me of someone... Weren't you one of the leading the march for the Metrosexual revolution?

etc.
etc.

my first time riding a horse was on an 6 or 7-hour horsepacking trip. it hurt. bad. we had a full day out, a day of rest and then one more loooong day in the saddle. i know the cowboy walk quite intimately.

I too appreciate the animals better with my own feet on the ground.

i'll dig it out at home...you're not, but i think you TOOK the picture. it was during that phase when we were taking zillions of pictures of us in stupid positions. i'm making this "duhhh" face and pointing at the horse and i think i'm wearing a purple t-shirt?

actually mindspell, Toby and I met on the internet and thought it would be funny to pretend we were brothers. you know, the way avi and Jake like to pretend they're not a married couple living in New Paltz, NY.