Things you love about Ireland

Andy_2003

Dec 16, 2002
Shiteville
Visit site
Guiness, the rugby, the football, gaelic football, Dublin, the friendliness, the fiery temperament, my mother, the drinking, the terrorists (some of them), the Donegal coast, the bumpy to feck cross-country roads, the accent, the great humour, what else?

I'm biased towards the British Isles, I have an idealistic picture of Ireland, oh, Ireland, my Lionheart, so everything. I haven't even been to Ireland yet, hehe, maybe when I have I'll have a more nuanced set of ideas.

Guinness, the surreal feeling when you stuble onto the most beautiful place on earth without meaning to, the hospitality of the irish, kerrygold butter, magaliths and dolmons, the respect you have when you know how hard the irish have had it in history, the greenest grass i've ever seen, the accent and cute expressions, ryanair!

Ah, saw this by pure chance and thought I'd post in it, being Irish and all that. Not a big fan of the terrorists cos its draggin on a bit, the donegal coast I have to love cos I live in the place. The lionheart reference wouldn't be Irish, we have the harp.

I haven't been to Scotland but we do have close ties with them. Lots of Scot/Irish familys around here, along with English/Irish too. Indeed it is a very green country when you escape Dublin and the other cities but the rain is everywhere and the pubs are plentiful. Don't know about Tesco being a good thing though. Guniess may be good but the factory smells.

What do I like about the place would be the excessive amount you can drink without many people getting bothered about it. Pity about the smoking ban though.

Another Irish scorpion.

The fucking Lionheart reference goes to England, ffs, as expressed in the England thread, I'm not that stupid. This post was a playful imp of the other post.

hülyék :bah:

Maqus said:
Another Irish scorpion.

The fucking Lionheart reference goes to England, ffs, as expressed in the England thread, I'm not that stupid. This post was a playful imp of the other post.

hülyék :bah:

Better safe than sorry...
stupidity.jpg

I think I like their mentality. The pubs might be good too.