This band reminds me of early Opeth

Sanzen

Noonish Is My Robe
Sep 13, 2004
North Carolina, USA
...and they're from my home state of NC! I just now heard these guys, and I fully intend to catch one of their shows sometime soon. They sound like a more doom-y version of early Opeth, sans clean singing. Check it out, download some of the mp3 samples.

Daylight Dies

Pssst....they're on Relapse, too. :cool: label...

Jinn said:
pssst. Everyone knows about Daylight Dies... They're the shit... and they have a forum here.

d'oh! apparently, I have missed the Obvious Bus. shit.

well, moonlapse you can close this if you want. meh. :(

theyre more reminiscent of early katatonia and october tide than Opeth id say. either way...theyre ok, but i dont think i need anything else in this vein than the other 2 bands i mentioned. :)

haggard said:
d'oh! apparently, I have missed the Obvious Bus. shit.

well, moonlapse you can close this if you want. meh. :(

Don't trip. I apparently don't fall into the catagory of "Everyone", (which is actually typical and not at all alarming to me), since I had not heard of them before your post. Anyway, I went to their site, dl'd a demo from the new record which sounds pretty good. I'm going to continue to research and I appreciate the heads up. :)

Ok, then.:devil:

NineFeetUnderground said:
theyre more reminiscent of early katatonia and october tide than Opeth id say. either way...theyre ok, but i dont think i need anything else in this vein than the other 2 bands i mentioned. :)

i concur. i think when i bought the album it was being advertised as "reminiscent of early katatonia."

dorian gray said:
Dawson's Creek was filmed in NC.

I thought it was important to say that.

I used to go to college in Wilmington, where it was filmed...a lot of friends of mine were extras on this WB "teen drama" called One Tree Hill. Good money, too...but they wouldn't hire me 'cause apparently teens today don't have long hair and facial piercings. Pussies.

hah! guess not.
ive seen "one tree hill". it's unwatchable. as is (was) "dawsons creek". i never understood the appeal.

dorian gray said:
hah! guess not.
ive seen "one tree hill". it's unwatchable. as is (was) "dawsons creek". i never understood the appeal.

The appeal for me was getting a chance at seeing my friend Chris's gigantic head on TV. Oh, how we laughed. Well...mainly drank cheap beer, but we laughed too.

well, good point. you had an actual reason. i meant otherwise. the writing is unbearable.
speaking of large heads, i have a buddy with a gigantic head. i know what you're talking about. wish i had a picture; id post it.

dorian gray said:
well, good point. you had an actual reason. i meant otherwise. the writing is unbearable.
speaking of large heads, i have a buddy with a gigantic head. i know what you're talking about. wish i had a picture; id post it.

Yeah, everyone knows that guy with the huge head. It kind of makes them walk funny...like wobbling, kind of.

Those WB teen drama shows are utter fuckin shit, and don't even get me started about the fuckin OC, im in college now and for shits sake, every single fuckin girl on campus regardless of whats happening has to watch this show. and the show is disgusting, i mean for shits sake, what the fuck are you doing with your lives, its a fuckin show girls, don't act surprised when a character does something with a twist.........it was written that way!!!!!!