This guy totally replicate Michael Romeo in style and tone

Redrinkarnation

New Metal Member
Feb 27, 2007
Wow, just realized this solo is so much in the style of Michael Romeo. The guitarist even replicated MJR's Divine Wings of Tragedy-lead guitar tone PERECTLY.

Swedish band called Harmony. Guitarist is Markus Sigfridsson.

Listen to the solo at 2:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y41UKowgQJ4

Or could this actually by MJR himself playing?

It sounds to me more like it's just in the Yngwie Malmsteen tradition that Michael Romeo also takes from. That tone, those pedal notes, etc. weren't really invented by him. Also, the harmonies at 3:30 don't sound very SX-ish, it's always been a "one-guitar band" sound as far as the solos are concerned.

It sounds to me more like it's just in the Yngwie Malmsteen tradition that Michael Romeo also takes from. That tone, those pedal notes, etc. weren't really invented by him. Also, the harmonies at 3:30 don't sound very SX-ish, it's always been a "one-guitar band" sound as far as the solos are concerned.

I only meant the first guitar solo.

It's neoclassical shredding in the vein of Malmsteen, I totally agree on that. But he really mimics the tone and the feel of Romeo in a way I've never heard of before.

I only meant the first guitar solo.

It's neoclassical shredding in the vein of Malmsteen, I totally agree on that. But he really mimics the tone and the feel of Romeo in a way I've never heard of before.

Yeah, it's weirdly similar. Maybe the soul of Romeo's old guitar tone reincarnated when it died.