This is one of the best comeback lines of all time

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended...

ok, i have to go and spoil the joke now. sorry guys.

the more appropriate comparison is a guy being equipped to rape (in fact, i just heard this somewhere else recently -- was that here?). shooting someone doesn't involve the victim's consent. a prostitute has to be solicited.

ok, sorry. :loco: i was hoping the punchline would be something about their horrid stance on gays. :p

i have an exam tomorrow, and i'm stalling...

Originally posted by Lina
ok, i have to go and spoil the joke now. sorry guys.

the more appropriate comparison is a guy being equipped to rape (in fact, i just heard this somewhere else recently -- was that here?). shooting someone doesn't involve the victim's consent. a prostitute has to be solicited.

ok, sorry. :loco: i was hoping the punchline would be something about their horrid stance on gays. :p

i have an exam tomorrow, and i'm stalling...

Are you criticizing the United States Armed forces as they do battle with the evil-doers hidden in caves all over Afghanistan. I'd ask you to refrain from your comments until this war is over, not least because your message might interpreted as a coded signal to the terrorists... etcetera