This just is: Kayo Dot spotted in videogame

Space Ghost

Fast As Fast Can Be
Aug 7, 2003
Visit site
True story. I saw it in Earthbound. In Saturn Valley, Mr. Saturn says, and I quote: "KAY-O." (and the dot is really big, which obviously isn't meant to be a period)

You guys should sue.

I remember playing Earthbound years and years ago... I had gotten to the end of the game. I recently came across the Casey Jones bat and I hastily threw out all my other weapons assuming this was the best bat in the game. Unfortunately, after I had already saved over my old game, I realized the bat had less than 50% accuracy making it almost totally worthless. It was impossible to beat the final boss at that point, so I never got to see the ending :(

Yeah, I haven't beaten it yet, either. I rented it back in the day, and didn't have time to finish it. Then a couple years ago, I started playing on an emulator and for some reason or other I stopped (probably got caught up in some other RPGs). Now I'm giving it a 3rd try.

Earthbound was the only videogame where you could play a character named poo. By default I mean, not renamed as in most jap rpgs. I loved it at the day.

I didn't understand what was humourous about poop and fart jokes when I was younger. Sort of an american thing (and a japanese thing? I dunno) which made no sense in greece. But for some reason a person named after poop who was also a prince (if I remember correctly) made a weird sort of sense in a game like earthbound.

earthbound24.gif