Kayo Dot in Denver

Justo Peralta

pinche viejo loco
They made it across the "Great" Plains over to Denver, a long ass boring drive (though Mia said she kinda liked it). Tired from the leisurely trip, there were some interesting and frustrating turn of events with the show. The venue was kinda out of the way, under interstates, surrounded by junkyards, offices and warehouses. Though, it was a roomy place, grassroots kind of establishment with some 'dia de los muertos' and other urban art up for sale by local artists. However, the organizers decided to turn the event into a music fest, showcasing something like 9 other bands, ranging from high school metal bands, some bland rock to some highly entertaining rapcore. A big departure from the original deal of only Kayo Dot and local band Autokinton scheduled.

But by 9pm or so Kayo Dot were given the go ahead to hit the stage... 3 songs only which, despite exhuastion, minor technical difficulties and the disorganization of the event, quite a fine performace! And as the set ended, DJ threw in something he recorded off some radio talk show, with some dude going on about his bowel movements.

Autokinton then took the stage, who were the other "big" draw for the evening, also put on a decent show. They hosted all the Kayo tribe for sleep outside the confines of the van. And love it or hate it, late dinner was to be had at one of the best middle eastern restaurants in Denver, conveniently located near their crashpad for night. I got some pics in, tho, this was the 1st time I got to use the camera at night, indoors...so the shots kinda suck, but this is what I salvaged:

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

Thanks guys for a toughin out a good show, great meetin everyone to varying degrees. I bet the rest of the West Coast will be awesome!

The Kayo Dot train will get a chance to rest a bit of today, before headin to last minute show in Boise, Idaho.

DSC00069.jpg

EDIT: Problem fixed. I thought free webhosting would be ok...the space is there but figures that there'd be data transfer limits! should be a-ok now

i totally just posted something on this but it's gone.

repeat:
NICE! i especially like the hazy yet colorful post-performance shots.
i was wondering if anyone else would be posting stuff for other cities. thanks a lot for posting these.

Nah i don't think ya missed it....Forbes thought that DJ put the finishing touch onn the train sometime after the stop in St. Louis? I saw it and had to get the pic!

Those post-performance shots at the merch table turned out good...cuz it was by that time that I finally had sufficient time to screw up plenty of other pics that night... :bah: tho that last shot on stage of everyone rockin out, deffo a great shot.