This may be a dumb ? but I wanted to ask anyway

PhoenixThrax

23 year fan
Feb 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I saw the demo online of Scott's new guitar pedal and know that "old" 'thrax is played in standard tuning and the "new" is played in drop d tuning. Some SOD tabs I've seen are also in both standard and drop d - for the same song mind you - so the question is, does anyone know if Scott's pedal "drops" the 6th string down to d if you're tuned to standard when you choose the SOD or newer 'thrax tone modes? Watching the demo, he doesn't drop his 6th sring down yet he demo's I Am The Law (standard tuning), March of the SOD (seen both in standard and drop d) and Room For One More (drop d) and What Doesn't Die (drop d). Can anyone help me out here?

I saw the demo online of Scott's new guitar pedal and know that "old" 'thrax is played in standard tuning and the "new" is played in drop d tuning. Some SOD tabs I've seen are also in both standard and drop d - for the same song mind you - so the question is, does anyone know if Scott's pedal "drops" the 6th string down to d if you're tuned to standard when you choose the SOD or newer 'thrax tone modes? Watching the demo, he doesn't drop his 6th sring down yet he demo's I Am The Law (standard tuning), March of the SOD (seen both in standard and drop d) and Room For One More (drop d) and What Doesn't Die (drop d). Can anyone help me out here?

I don't think so. He propably just changed guitars.

Hey dude. I have this pedal. It does not change your tuning. As far as I know, there is no pedal that can change the tuning on only one of your strings. The pedal is cool as shit, by the way.

Hey dude. I have this pedal. It does not change your tuning. As far as I know, there is no pedal that can change the tuning on only one of your strings. The pedal is cool as shit, by the way.

That is true, I should know that by now too. I've been playing for over 20 years but with all the new gizmos and gadgets these days, ya never know. What kind of setup do you have? I have an Ibanez RG 370 and a BC Rich Warlock going into a Marshall Jackhammer distortion pedal, that into a BOSS noise supressor and into a Marshall 250 DFX amp. Do you recommend the clean channel or the OD once I get the black 13? Right now I use the OD and the Jackhammer as a little boost. Thanks Darrell Deth too!

My setup is pretty simple. I have a Washburn X-30 (lefty) and I play through a Line 6 Flextone II head. I have the Warhead cabinets from Randall (4 x 12" and 2 x 15"). The only pedal I use is a Boss Tuner. I bought the Black 13 when I was having my Line 6 fixed and had to borrow a head with no good distortion. I use the pedal on my practice amp at home. I would recommend using the clean channel with the Black 13.