This might be my best mix so far!

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
Probably in Heavy Rock, not exactly full on Metal.

I've posted one song of this before, but I'm now posting 3 cause I also want to show you their really good music! I was given some really horrid guitar tracks but I think I managed to make them work quite well! My main gripe here is the mastering as the band has no more budget for external mastering and I hate mastering my own mixes.... Don't really know why, but I just get so used to listen to the mix I just hate hearing it change, I'd much rather send this out but there's no option : l

Anyways, I really like how this mix turned out and would like some criticism on both ends! Only thing I can change now is stuff on the master, I still fail to get to know these fucking BM5A's and it drives me completely to the edge!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/617922/R%20Master.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/617922/Y%20Master.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/617922/P%20Master.mp3

Cheers guys!

I'd like to hear less click from the kick and more low end on it. And for those to be horrid guitar tracks you did an outstanding job with them. Everything sounds awesome bro. Great job.

i agree with fuimjb deff more low end in the kick

mix/everything sounds good i am liking this basstone to

can u give us some info on it: real amp, ampsim, or midi?

Bass? Bass was given to me only the DI, then I just ran through an ampeg impulse for the low-end, and for the mid grit one of ryan's impulses and before it, believe it or not, cubase's own amp sim lool

Sounds pure fucking awesome on my hifi headphones! Really nice music, too. Congrats :)
I'm with fuimjb: the kick could really use a little bit less click.

How did you do the effect from 1:32 to 1:36 ? EQ + heavy compression (Song: "R")? Please share what you did there :lol:
I tried to achieve this effect a few times but it never worked very well.
Brilliant spot for this kind of effect.

Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate it. You're talking about that drum bit? I just selected a bit of drums that I thought was fitting, bounced that bit in stereo, then I believe is just heavy compression, a bit of downsampling (something like a bitcrusher) and a healthy dose of reverb and delay :)

Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate it. You're talking about that drum bit? I just selected a bit of drums that I thought was fitting, bounced that bit in stereo, then I believe is just heavy compression, a bit of downsampling (something like a bitcrusher) and a healthy dose of reverb and delay :)

Good work! What was used for bass? Sounds real good.

:worship:

I'd like a bigger snare reverb, a bit less click and more low-end on the kick.

Great mix overall! Can't believe those were horrid guitar tracks.

Good work! What was used for bass? Sounds real good.

Nothing special really, just 2 tracks one for the low-end purpose the other for the mid grit. But I did ran them through impulses because I hate DI basses, so I really don't know what to say it's just the usual compress to fuckery and limit till it doesnt move :)
And for the grit I'm using Cubase 5's guitar amp

I'd like a bigger snare reverb, a bit less click and more low-end on the kick.

Great mix overall! Can't believe those were horrid guitar tracks.

Thanks! Yeah, unfortunately I can't do any more remixes :/ So it's gonna have to be, I think it isnt something that breaks the whole flow, at least I hope!

And dude, trust me, I might post like 5 or 10 seconds in a few days of raw guitars and you'll see lol, when I first heard them I thought they were going to be impossible to mix, thankfully it worked.

I think the amp was a Randall MTS or something into one of those cabs that have an enclosure with an sm57 already placed in the supposedly "right spot", it didn't sound like in the right spot to me lol