This "might" get me to a Queensryche show again

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Seeing Queensryche live many years ago was one of the worst experiences ever. It was easily the most uninspiring performance I have ever seen, and I have ignored the band live completely, regardless of what gimmick they were doing (Including doing Mindcrime I and II in the same evening, which would be killer). Though if they did this in Chicago, I would possibly consider seeing them live again:

QUEENSRŸCHE will perform its 1986 album, "Rage For Order", in its entirety for the first time this Halloween (October 31) at the Highline Ballroom in New York City. The band will also play other QUEENSRŸCHE hits and favorites that night.

"'Rage For Order' was only our second full studio album and it's hard to believe it's been 25 years," says lead singer Geoff Tate. "We plan to let the good times roll on Monday night and hope you come join us in the Big Apple for what we promise to be a memorable show."

Well, when your recent output gets terrible reviews and you resort to Burlesque shows as a means to generate interest in the band, you realize you have to do what the fans want.

I first heard of QR when Rage for Order first came out, and always loved that album. I had that through the years on vinyl, cassette, and CD.

The funny thing is that QR is always hailed as a "prog metal" band, yet this album is probably their most progressive musically, yet so far under the radar when compared to Mindcrime and Empire. Don't get me wrong, Mindcrime and Empire are superior albums overall, but definitely less "progressive"