This Sat. (8/27) ALL-AGES Show at Lotus Hall in Canoga Park!

Apr 10, 2009
The Lotus Hall sounds so serene, but rest assured the night will be anything but! :headbang:

Lotus Hall
20215 Saticoy Street,
Canoga Park 91306
661-745-3211

ALL-AGES (but never worry, there IS a bar for all us grown-ups, too :kickass:)!!! You can bring the kiddies to this one and get 'em schooled in the ways of Iron Maiden :devil: :D

And coolest of all, THIS IS A FUNDRAISER FOR OUR VETERANS--so it's your patriotic duty to come and rock out! :D

I just saw a video of ya'll on you tube! Awesome band! I hope ya'll come to Georgia or the south in the near future!

This was by far the best Iron Maidens show I have ever seen!

First off, this was at Lotus Hall, which was formerly, Metronome Studios. It was at this auspicious location where Appetite for Destruction and Rust in Peace were recorded. Not to mention: Tom Petty, Smokey Robinson, Sheana Easton, Madonna, Motley Crue, and a whole lot more mega bands recorded.

Anyways, here are the highlights of the show:

During The Trooper, right at the point where I start dozing off, to one of the world's worst songs ever made, (besides Hotel California, which far out ranks The Trooper on just how bad rock can get), this odd looking French guy with really long hair comes on stage and starts singing the last verse in French. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but it definitely was an improvement of the song. As the song closes out, Linda goes into a drum solo. Yes, an actual, free form off the hook ultra-power drum solo. She's banging it like Animal. I mean she turns into this muppet, and she's pounding them like I've never seen before. Absolutely incredible! She's going faster and faster and faster and then suddenly stops, and Wanda goes into a bass solo. She's thumpin, she's slappin, she's going up and down the neck like it's going out of style. Then Linda goes back into the drum solo, then it's back to Wanda and they get this question-answer routine going on, and the crowd goes absolutely bananas! Then the next thing I know, their Manager, Mark, is on one half of the drums while Linda is on the other, and this amazing duel drum solo goes on of complete and total epic proportions.

Then suddenly the lights go out. Everyone screams! The lights go on and it's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. The place explodes! Guess who is playing keyboards? None other than Leif Garret.

"Slowly unveiling the power he holds...!" Kirsten belts it out. The whole audience joins her "Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh" with her fist in the air. She nails the chorus note for note in absolute perfection! "The good and the evil which path will he take...", in the background they have 2 people dressed in costume, one as Darth Vader and one as Luke Skywalker having a full on light saber fight. It was amazing!

The middle part comes and Kirtsen chants it with the entire audience saying it word for word. Leif plays perfect keyboard parts that starts melting the walls of the theater into a puddle of Metallrama!

Courtney gets up on top of his keyboards and starts shredding the most insane solo I've ever seen. She jumps off the keyboards in the middle of the solo, only to land in the splits and continues shredding the guitar without missing a note!

The rest of the song ends in magnificent perfection!

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better. When you thought there just isn't anything they could do to top this, Nita grabs an acoustic Martin guitar, and does a little rendition of Bourrée, then slowly transitions into none other than the Tears of the Dragon. TEARS OF THE DRAGON! Could you believe it? Is it possible? Yes. It's just Nita and Kirsten dong the most beautiful version I've ever heard. Totally acoustic. Just the 2 of them. Everyone's draw drops and the audience becomes completely silent...you could hear a pin drop.

Then the bridge comes. The room gets even quieter.

"Slowly I awake. Slowly I rise."

Kirsten stands on top of the monitors with her hands up in the air like she's going to fly, as Nita gets on her knees.
"The walls I built are crumbling."

Time starts to slow down.
The audience is in disbelief...

"The water is moving."
Nita slowly rises, and you just know something big is about to happen.

Kirsten screams on top of her lungs,
"I'M SLIPPING AWAY!"

Then the entire band comes in electric, and Courtney is doing windmills like Pete Townsend. She must have done 5 in a row. Linda is standing up drumming on every drum in an almost circular motion, and Wanda, in center stage, does this giant leap in the air and starts banging her head while pounding the bass. Not everyone knew this song, but the ones who did, were screaming the chorus as loud as they were able to muster.

The final, "The tears of the dragon, for you and for me." Nita back on the electric guitar then shreds an emotional solo that puts a final closer on the night, while Kirsten keeps singing, "For you and for me." Nita is spinning around with the top of her axe facing the sky as she leans back and goes into this transcendental solo that gets everyone shedding tears.

Then right at the point where the song ends, in that last beat, that final bang, a balloon pops and confetti pours down from the ceiling over everyone like psychedelic rain. People are hugging, crying, laughing. All you could feel was love and joy throughout the entire venue. The band comes off the stage and joins in the love, and the whole place is hugging one another, including the security guards.

That was one show that could never be forgotten!

Wow what a show that must have been.

Can picture most of it except Mark on drums. :err::D

Jim

But, Acujer, you didn't mention how at one point you ran naked through the venue screaming that your hands had turned into the oven-mitt hands of the Hamburger Helper dude and Sponge-Bob Squarepants was chasing you. :yow:

...And I warned you not to take two doses of that...um, stuff... :Smokedev:

:lol:

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";9971842 said:
But, Acujer, you didn't mention how at one point you ran naked through the venue screaming that your hands had turned into the oven-mitt hands of the Hamburger Helper dude and Sponge-Bob Squarepants was chasing you. :yow:

...And I warned you not to take two doses of that...um, stuff... :Smokedev:

:lol:
BWHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: