This Saturday Night: PapaJ’s Virtual New Years Eve Matinee Party

PapaJimH

Jan 31, 2004
*** Ed Platt will be calling in ***

Whether you stay home because you are a conscientious objector to participating in the mob mentality new years “parties” that society thrusts at you year after year, or if it’s just because you’re an introverted web geek that likes to stay at home and reflect on the events of the past year, if you’re at home this New Years Eve, stop by “PapaJ’s Virtual New Years Eve Matinee Party” and hang with us.. . We will be featuring the year in prog, including my top 10 CD countdown, as well as topics that shaped this year in our world. You can listen in high fidelity streaming audio, and/or join us in chat for some friendly, stimulating and sometimes downright hilarious conversations.

To make it even more fun, a brand new CD will be given away every hour of the show to someone in chat, and who knows, there may be other surprises as well. Come say Happy New Year to old friends or make some new ones. We’ll look forward to seeing you there!

PapaJ’s Matinee
Saturday December 31: 7:00pm – 12:30am PST.
Where: http://www.deliciousagony.com
Chat ( IRC) users can use:
irc://irc.starchat.net:6667/daprr
Stream: http://s2.viastreaming.net:7070/
Using Winamp or any respectable player

New Years Eve 2005 Matinee Archive

Download Archive (105MB MP3, Great for IPODS) - GO HERE

I'm sorry I don't have a playlist for this show as it was a crazy night. It's almost 4 hours long and includes live call ins from:

Jonathan Launer (LA Underscore)
Sam and Rick (Cryptic Vision)
John Galgano (IZZ)
Randy George (Neal Morse/Salem Hill/Ajalon)
Nic Roozeboom (Fractal)
Ed Platt (Enchant)

Also featured is my 2005 Top 10 countdown:
10. Niacin: Organik
9. Echolyn - The End is Beautiful
8. IZZ - My River Flows
7. Spiraling - Challenging Stage
6. Neal Morse - ?
5. Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
4. Presto Ballet - Peace Among the Ruins
3. Kino - Picture
2. The Verve Pipe - Underneath