this sounds like a really, really bad sign

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
Meanwhile on Baghdad's Haifa Street, a few blocks away from the Green Zone, gunmen who made no attempt to hide their faces dragged a senior election official and his bodyguards from their car, forced them to kneel on the busy street and shot them dead.

I mean certainly there are going to be plenty of downs in a "transition to democracy", but for such an occurance to happen over the course of several minutes, fearlessly, just outside the GREEN ZONE? and not a single Baghdadi shot at them/stopped them?

You know what really pisses me off about these people? We're supposed to be helping them and they shit all over us every chance they get. I just can't feature that.

I have probably seen Full Metal Jacket twenty times and I never realised it was "RAFTERMAN", not "RAPTORMAN" until today when I was looking up the phrasing for that quote.

also, today:

In other violence Tuesday, a U.S. jet bombed a suspected insurgent target west of Baghdad. Hamdi Al-Alosi, a doctor in a hospital in the city of Hit, said four people were killed and seven injured in the strike. He said the attack damaged several cars and two buildings. A U.S. military spokesman could not confirm the casualties.

Elsewhere, five American soldiers and an Iraqi civilian were wounded when the Humvee they were traveling in was hit by a car bomb near Hawija, 150 miles north of Baghdad, the U.S. military said.

In Baqouba, a city 35 miles northeast of Baghdad, unidentified assailants shot and killed an Iraqi nuclear scientist as he was on his way to work, witnesses said. Taleb Ibrahim al-Daher, a professor at Diyala University, was killed as he drove over a bridge on the Khrisan river. His car swerved and plummeted into the water.

In northern Iraq, insurgents set ablaze a major pipeline used to ship oil to the Turkish port of Ceyhan, a principal export route, an official with the North Oil CO. said. Firefighters were on the scene, 70 miles southwest of Kirkuk.