This week's lost classic - first edition

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I thought I'd throw an odd title up here every couple of weeks to get comments from folk, and to generally get conversation rolling.

So, I'll dig up on old title, not at the forefront of your mind (probably), that I happen to think is a good record. Comments are welcome.

Here we go then, the first edition. Myself, I've always gravitated towards the heavier side of things, but I also have my guilty pleasures. One of these is Les Paul driven rock records that don't altogether qualify as metal, but more as classic rock.

Y&T - In Rock We Trust

A damned fine record all around. Dave Meniketti doesn't really get the credit he deserves. A good writer. A good singer, and a great "old school" classic rock guitar player.

....bored at work today....

Very cool band. I own their greatest hits, their live album and Contagious. I need to get more but most of it is so damn expensive. Im bound to track them down at good prices though. This band rocks hard. Didn't they play a role in doscovering Van Halen as well?

Oh yeah! I remember that album. I had two Y & T albums before I got In Rock We Trust, so I was already a fan. My cassette versions of Mean Streak and Black Tiger are worn down to the nub. I think Dave Meniketti is a great songwriter but I never considered him very consistent. Some songs were fantastic, others kind of drab. Most of the drab songs came from the later albums, at least in my opinion. Still, some of those old Y & T albums are a "must have" part of my collection.

Those old Y&T albums rock! Mean Streak and In Rock were my favorites, just good old down and dirty hard rock. Plus I think Meniketti had a great voice, very distinctive.

Great idea ElectricWiz! my favorite Y&T album is Earthshaker! And the first one called Yesterday & Today. Thats a great album.

Great band, they should have became bigger !!!
First I heard of them was "Black Tiger", and when I wanted more got to "Earthshaker". That album blew me away completely and is my favorit...

Great idea for a thread EW, sadly I cannot participate on this one. I was never interested in Y&T so my opinion is null :(