This years G3

Wow! I have never made a G3 tour yet (I heard about Petrucci too late for the last time he did it), but now another chance to see Petrucci and now Gilbert added?!??!! :kickass: :kickass: I just wish that Vai replaced Satriani. Oh well... at least it will provide a good time to take a break. Very cool that Petrucci made #11 on that poll. I don't understand how Satriani is above him (or that high up for that matter). And yes, IA would be icing on the cake too!

Now to hope for a show date that will work!

satriani is kind of like the heart/founder of g3 in a way

notice how the official g3 page is on his site?

g3 wouldnt be the same without satch

Awesome news!!!! i just got to see Paul Gilbert on Jan 17th at the Viper room in hollywood Ca. He has Bruce Bouillet back with him, the Gilbert stuff from his latest instrumental album was insane with dual shred harmonies, the Racer X stuff was like being back in 1988!!! this isgreat i can't wait!!!!

Do you happen to recall the set list?

As much as I like Gilbert's solo stuff, they should just play a flat out Racer X set for G3. Street Lethal/Second Heat = the quitesenntial blistering shred rock albums of all time.

I haven't missed a G3 tour in the U.S. yet, and I'm certainly not missing this one. Satch is always great. Petrucci's solo material is very solid, and I have a feeling his improv/jamming skills should be improved this time around. I've never seen Gilbert live, and I always wanted to. His new solo album is the best thing he's put out in quite some time. I was extremely disappointed with the last Racer X album, and his two previous solo albums were heavily lacking as well, but this new album makes up for it. It'll be worth the price of admission just to see each one of them separately, but then they'll jam together at the end of the night to put the cherry on the shred sundae. That's just beautiful.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

From what I'm reading Steve's absense on this tour probably comes in a few parts. One, he's working on a live DVD & CD (I think), and a new album. Secondly, G3 is all about instrumental. For those that know and love Vai's work, he's not all about instrumental. He just got done doing really a G3 and Zappa Plays Zappa tour, he probably wants to go and tour with his band and do his songs (ya know the singing included... maybe we can get him and Devin on tour that would be awesome). Lastly, I think he wants some distance from Joe. Mostly in the sense that people often associate him with Joe. Its like you think Joe you think Steve. Yet their music is so different. This last one if purely a guess... but seen others guessing similar.

Guitarist Paul Gilbert (RACER X, ex-MR. BIG) has revealed his band lineup for the upcoming G3 North American tour, also featuring guitarists Joe Satriani and John Petrucci (DREAM THEATER). Joining Gilbert in his group will be Bruce Bouillet (lead guitar), Mike Szuter (lead bass, lead vocals), Jeff Bowders (lead drums), and Emi Gilbert (lead keyboards).