This year's ProgPower

Light

Up The World
Nov 24, 2001
So... there must have been one or two from this forum there other than me..... what did you reckon?

And what did you think about the band before, Riverside?
This was the undiscovered gem of the year for me.
It seemed many people in the crowd agreed..... a lot of you *should* like this....

Any comments, insults, photos, cows gratefully received.....

yeah i was there, and i liked it much. the show was good, but too short!
i took some pics, will put them on the internet and give you url later.
also met some nice people like Kirsten and Sabina from this forum.
i think Riverside will become more popular in the next months, they have a great potential!

It was a very nice and relaxed festival. Good atmosphere, cool people- hello Medy :wave: hope to see your pics soon!
Katatonia were great as always but i suppose their playing time was limited because it was a festival. Strange to see a Katatonia- gig not ended with murder...
And I agree, Riverside were brilliant!! Never heard of them before but liked them a lot. I wanted to buy their CD but it was sold out already during the gig, it seemed everyone loved them. Hope I can find their album somewhere else.

Light said:
So... there must have been one or two from this forum there other than me..... what did you reckon?

And what did you think about the band before, Riverside?
This was the undiscovered gem of the year for me.
It seemed many people in the crowd agreed..... a lot of you *should* like this....

Any comments, insults, photos, cows gratefully received.....

This is more a reply to your np signature thing. Samael eh? What do you think of Reign of Light? Sounds like Rammstein on Nutrasweet to me. But I will give it a few more listens.

Cis said:
It was a very nice and relaxed festival. Good atmosphere, cool people- hello Medy :wave: hope to see your pics soon!
Katatonia were great as always but i suppose their playing time was limited because it was a festival. Strange to see a Katatonia- gig not ended with murder...
And I agree, Riverside were brilliant!! Never heard of them before but liked them a lot. I wanted to buy their CD but it was sold out already during the gig, it seemed everyone loved them. Hope I can find their album somewhere else.
next time I go to see katatonia I should consider not to skip their last gig!
Shame I'm continuosly missing good festivals:erk:

You can order Riverside-CDs at www.proggies.ch It's a nice page for progressive rock fans and the have a small but decent CD-Shop with focus on Swedish and Polish progressive rock. The first Riverside CD is available for 11 Euro; second will be out soon;
...and feel free browsing on this nice little page if your mind is opened to progressive rock;

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

My camera was bad, my scanner is even worst so the quality is really bad...
But this are my pictures of progpower.
The last picture I took at Alphen aan de rijn.