This year's sampler

Justin G

Jul 28, 2007
Northern VA
www.facebook.com
Is it just me, or is this year's sampler unusually good? It had a nice mix of established label bands and up-and-coming indies and self-released bands like Tears and Core Device. Plus, new WIDOW!!! I think I only had to hit the skip button once or twice. Good stuff!

Is it just me, or is this year's sampler unusually good? It had a nice mix of established label bands and up-and-coming indies and self-released bands like Tears and Core Device. Plus, new WIDOW!!! I think I only had to hit the skip button once or twice. Good stuff!

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm looking forward to it even more now. I had to listen to Visions, The Meaning of I, Myrath and Anubis Gate first.

Would someone be able to scan the insert so we can see the bands/songs or is there a link somewhere with it listed. Would love to check out some of the bands/songs on youtube.

Disc 1:
Hedda - See the Light
Tears - Time Master
Borealis - Fall from Grace
Lanfear - The Reverend
Firewolfe - Back from Hell
Epysode - Obsessions
Lyken 21 - Why Ask Why
Mob Rules - Astral Hand
Wisdom - Somewhere Alone
Redemption - Noonday Devil
Brazen Angel - Crusaders (Of the Truth)
Imminent Sonic Destruction - With Death, This Story Ends
Cynthesis - The Edifice Grin

Disc 2:
Leprous - Thorn
Brainstorm - Below the Line
Loch Vostok - Sacred Structure
Widow - Take Hold of the Night
Halcyon Way - On Black Wings
Riseback - Far Away
A Sound of Thunder - Kill That Bitch
Manticora - A Lake That Drained
Pain of Salvation - Softly She Cries
Core Device - Revelations
Caprycon - A Few Memories
Orden Ogan - All These Dark Years
Gnosys - Lunacy

I was so excited that Pain of Salvation was on the sampler disc. My mind immediately teased me with the idea of Gildenlow and co. coming back to Atlanta.

:yell::cry: Although they didn't get a slot I still got to hear a new song before the rest of the internets. So in that sense it's all good. :bah:

I was so excited that Pain of Salvation was on the sampler disc. My mind immediately teased me with the idea of Gildenlow and co. coming back to Atlanta.

:yell::cry: Although they didn't get a slot I still got to hear a new song before the rest of the internets. So in that sense it's all good. :bah:

I thought the same! I'm more than happy with next year's lineup, though, and I love the song. :)

I was unable to attend the show this year due to some studio commitments, but I am eagerly awaiting my copy of the sampler, which I pre-ordered. I'll definitely chime in after I give it a listen or two.

Thanks for taking the pole position on this one, Justin.

The first disc has no filler on it imo...as for the second disc, it's more hit or miss for me. Pain of Salvation nearly made me wreck, because I couldn't hit the skip button fast enough!

~Brian~

The first disc has no filler on it imo...as for the second disc, it's more hit or miss for me. Pain of Salvation nearly made me wreck, because I couldn't hit the skip button fast enough!

~Brian~

I love their early stuff so much. Which is why I almost threw up in my mouth when I heard that new song. Where did it all go wrong?

I don't think I got one. I got some data disc instead (software literature.. user guides/manuals etc O_O???? there were a ton of them on the table) which I thought was the sampler :)facepalm:) GG missing the opening bands to study/rest the body

This was my return to PP after a five year absence. It used to be I'd get the sampler, and would be familiar with all (or almost all) of the bands on it. This year, I think I am familiar with about half. Of the half I was not familiar with, about half of those sound good enough to check out further. Here are the ones that are working for me so far:

Tears
Firewolfe
Wisdom (wish I had heard this in ATL, as I saw a bunch of these on Zane's table)
Leprous (knew OF them, but always assumed they were a deathy band; OOPS! This sounds KILLER!)
Widow

Despite the comments of others, I still like the Pain of Salvation track. Road Salt is definitely a departure from their previous material, but I am enjoying it quite a bit nonetheless.

Just a quick FYI.. something happened with our band's song during the mastering/reproduction/fairy magic, so it's been slowed down and the entire song is about a half-step lower than the real thing. We'll be putting up a good one soon, but, I assure you, my voice isn't that deep.

Just a quick FYI.. something happened with our band's song during the mastering/reproduction/fairy magic, so it's been slowed down and the entire song is about a half-step lower than the real thing. We'll be putting up a good one soon, but, I assure you, my voice isn't that deep.

An official statement will be released on this situation once Claus completes his investigation. We have every intention of rectifying this for the band asap.

An official statement will be released on this situation once Claus completes his investigation. We have every intention of rectifying this for the band asap.

Oh I know, you guys have been absolutely great and we really appreciate it.

The same thing happened to the Imminent Sonic Destruction song as well. I don't know if Bryan316 contacted you about it or not Glenn.