Thomas Miller?

TheDuder

New Metal Member
Jul 24, 2002
Visit site
Why did Thomas Miller leave the band?

I really respect his work in Symphony X, not so much for his bass playing, but more for his lyric writing. The lyrics he wrote were some of the best I've ever heard!

Funny story...

A friend of mine, who I met at the SX show at Obsessions in New Jersey, bought a bass from Thomas Miller a little while ago. When he bought it, he had no idea who SX was, but the case had the logo spray painted on it. That's why he ended up going to the show that night. :cool:

One of these days I'll have to get a picture of him with that case...

~Stardust

i agree with ya on the thomas miller lyrics thing he did write great lyrics anyway i think i read somewhere that he couldn't work with the touring schedule and in one of the tours he couldn't be with the band cause he was sick but anyway it was pretty much touring problems that caused him to leave if i get more info on this i'll post it here :D

This has always been a bit of a mystery. Many rumors abound from the events surrounding his departure. I've heard everything that was stated above and also that during the TiO recording sessions, Rullo quit because the two weren't getting along and he agreed to come back to the band only after Thomas left.
Short of Romeo and Co., who really knows?

He did write some great lyrics, and he was a heck of a bass player. I wasn't too fond of his tone, though - Lepond's got him there.

Guys, if the band hasn't said why he left, that means it's private. They'll talk about it when and if they want to.