Thor - the movie

Needed less Natalie Portman close ups, and a few more action sequences, but other than that it was pretty good. I can agree with the music needing work too.

Well, it's Marvel comics for the big screen... it had to be mainstream in terms of soundtrack.

also had gratuitous abs and pecs display that would make 300 look lame :D:D:D

Not that I complain about that.

In your opinion.

I haven't seen it yet, but I need to! And the soundtrack should have at least ONE Amon Amarth track on it. :lol:

Just saw the movie, I really enjoyed it. Yeah the soundtrack sucked big time.. since the movie is a comic book adaptation I didn't expect much.

I do not plan on seeing Thor, however i did just watch "Valhalla Rising" and really enjoyed it. If you have not seen it, i highly recommend it, one of the best Norse themed movies i have seen.

I still need to see Thor, I'll probably end up buying it on DVD haha

I do not plan on seeing Thor, however i did just watch "Valhalla Rising" and really enjoyed it. If you have not seen it, i highly recommend it, one of the best Norse themed movies i have seen.

Yep Valhalla Rising is great, however I do not think it is one of the best Norse themed films, far from it even. Best one for me is Pathfinder, even though they made the 'Hollywood' version of vikings, it is still far better than Valhalla Rising. Plus, Karl Urban can kick Mads Mikkelsen's ass anyday haha

I still need to see Thor, I'll probably end up buying it on DVD haha

Yep Valhalla Rising is great, however I do not think it is one of the best Norse themed films, far from it even. Best one for me is Pathfinder, even though they made the 'Hollywood' version of vikings, it is still far better than Valhalla Rising. Plus, Karl Urban can kick Mads Mikkelsen's ass anyday haha

Really? I honestly couldnt even finish Pathfinder, i get completely put off by the typical hollywood cheesiness.

Really? I honestly couldnt even finish Pathfinder, i get completely put off by the typical hollywood cheesiness.

Yeah I know hahaha but I don't think it's bad. In fact, it's possible one of my favourite films of all time (in a list of about 50 hahahaha)

I can see that, its definitely not action packed and if people were looking for that they would definitely be disappointed. I enjoyed it for its atmosphere and scenery.

Yeah hands down to that, the atmosphere and scenery was definitely achieved in a way few films does it

Pathfinder? Really? Even disregarding its depiction of Vikings, it's just an action movie with nothing else to it. Well that's my opinion.

I also liked the atmosphere in Valhalla Rising.

I didn't see Thor but I heard it was fun. A friend told me the scenes in Asgard were pretty epic, and those on Earth kind of a drag.

Well, it's Marvel comics for the big screen... it had to be mainstream in terms of soundtrack.

also had gratuitous abs and pecs display that would make 300 look lame :D:D:D

Not that I complain about that.

If that shirtless scene was 2 hours longer I'd have been in Valhalla.