Thorns Demo?

Freezingmoon

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2002
Munich/Germany
Visit site
Hi there,

i have a question for all self-declared experts in early 90's Norsk Black Metal. I recently downloaded the Thorns Demo or whatever "89-91 Rehearsals". Can anyone tell me something about the line-up?

Only thing I know is that Faust was Drummer in Thorns before he joined Emperor.

Would be great if someone could help me!

On DemonicHorde, at http://interviews.demonichorde.com, there's a THORNS interview, here's an extract indeed >

2- It's right that there are so few information's, articles, photos about THORNS, that the worshippers of THORNS truly like it for the music! Any reasons to this silence? If we turn one instant over the past of THORNS, when this trio was called Stigma Diabolicum, we can even find one Demo entitled "Grymyrk" (forest?). Could you remind us the first line-up, and the THORNS formation?
I have never been concerned with promoting Thorns as I've focused more upon creating than fame. I guess I should try to get better at it in the future... It's good though that we are recognised for the quality of our music and not for tremendous promotion campaigns! The line-up during the Grymyrk period (Grymyrk does not mean forest) was Faust, Marius from Mortem and Arcturus, a bass player named Harald (he later played in Frost) and me. The Grymyrk tape was recorded with bass and guitar by Harald and me. It was intended as a reference tape for Faust and Marius, which lived far away from us. The tapes then found their way trough the underground and became famous...