those crazy norwegians are at it again!

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
On Monday 27th October 2003, the four band members of Opeth had a near miss experience, whilst caught in the crossfire on their tour bus between a gang of bank robbers and the Norwegian police during a day off on their current Scandinavian tour.

Whilst returning to the tour bus, which was parked outside Oslo's Central Station and Central Post Office, Opeth guitarist Peter Lindgren and his girlfriend Jessica witnessed a car at full speed crashing into the Central Post Office. At first, they presumed that the occupants of the vehicle were 'joy-riders', but they immediately heard gunfire, and made a hasty retreat to the tour bus.

Once within the relative safety of the tour bus, the police arrived and engaged the perpetrators in a cops and robbers style shooting only yards from the tour bus. As Opeth viewed the proceedings from the tour bus windows, they witnessed the robbers escape away from the Post Office and across the parking lot, where one of the robbers took shelter behind the Opeth tour bus.

Trying to do their civilian duty, the band tried to notify the police of the whereabouts of the hidden robber, by shining a light through the tour bus window, but without success. Unfortunately they were confined to the tour bus for quite some time due to the fact that they didn't dare leave the bus as the trigger happy police may not have realised the difference between a black-clothed bank robber, or a black-clothed metal band member.

Peter Lindgren said "It was an action filled end to a usually boring day off!"

Opeth continue their tour of Scandinavia before heading to Chile and Mexico for their first ever South American gigs, before heading to the 'Metal-free zone' of Jordan on 28th November, where they will be restricted to playing their mellow 'Damnation' album only.

Opeth release their first ever DVD - 'Lamentations - Live At Shepherd's Bush Empire' on 24th November 2003.

i was going to cite spiderman after my little tale, but i thought since no elevator was involved, others would be offended, i was wrong. but no, sadly he didn't, my uncle still remains alive, as an alcoholic/gambler no less.

. . . The bank robbers then proceeded to enter Opeth's tour bus and take $60.00; cauing Lindgren to exclaim "BLIMEY! there goes our off topic forum."

Reactions: S4R
here's the pretty uninformative explanation. why did opeth.com ask?:

After a request from Opeth.com, the off-topic forum has been closed, and all threads therein have been moved to UM's general chat forum (a link has been placed at the top of this forum for your convenience).

Please note, this forum is for Opeth discussion only. Flame wars, personal attacks, and other disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated - anyone wishing to push these limits may well find their account suspended without notice.

This forum is provided (and paid for) by Opeth for discussion about the band's music and performances. Please refrain from using it for anything else.