those of you interested in getting Candlemass

booB

Señor Member
Mar 25, 2003
Cleveland, OH USA
If for some reason Candlemass were unable to come next year, would anyone be willing to throw their support to Memory Garden? They've often been referred to as a "modern-day" Candlemass... they're supposed to have a new album out before next year (after a 7 year hiatus), and considering how well SA went over this year, I think they'd make a great doom band for next year... plus, they've never played the States, as far as I know.

Or, maybe we could have BOTH bands ;)

I have not heard this band.
I can think of a ton more doom bands that I think more might be familiar with, such as Electric Wizard, Cathedral, Pentagram, Reverend Bizarre, etc.

some bands just are not good live. To me that is the worst....nothing is worse than getting excited to see a band you like and then to see them suck live. Twisted Tower Dire was like that for me. On disc they are tight and incredible. Saw them live last year and they were real sloppy and just didnt know what to do on stage and had no flow in the set list. very disappointing.
I guess some bands are better on disc.

Yeah, every band has an off night.
The problem though is that one off night can have a long lasting impact.
(IE - a band having an off night at a Festival, which will lead to hundreds saying, "Good band, but suck live")

Jasonic, I dare you to invite Reverend Bizarre to come play powerfest. :lol:

Why? They have played US fests before.
I think they are breaking up though...

We need some WINO!!!!!!
Hidden Hand, The Obsessed (Reunion), (another) Saint Vitus reunion.

Bob's pussy couldn't handle it though!!! :lol:

Why? They have played US fests before.
I think they are breaking up though...

We need some WINO!!!!!!
Hidden Hand, The Obsessed (Reunion), (another) Saint Vitus reunion.

Bob's pussy couldn't handle it though!!! :lol:
They broke up in Dec. and Albert is pretty much clinically depressed now.

Any Wino project would make my fucking life along with E.W.

Earth, Doomsword, Neurosis, Pelican, OM, Weedeater, and Witchfinder General for presiden-... er, Powerfest 2008

Cult of Luna, too, while we're at it.

Yeah, I know that joke is an old one, but still a good one!

Since you brought them up, how is the Boris / Sunn O))) collaboration?

I think it's great, but I've heard negative stuff from a lot of huge Sunn O))) and Boris fans. I'm a huge Boris fan, not really much of a Sunn fan. "Etna" is awesome, probably the best on the album.