Those precious EP albums you keep to yourself no one knows about

Bruticus

Jul 25, 2014
Cheese
I think as very committed metalheads of years of experience, with the qtties of metal we've ingested, we've all come across more or less obscure EP's that hold a special significance to us.

So this is a long shot but what the heck...: The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish.

It just sounds so damn...pure, heads down death metal, but in a distinct kind of way. And every track has sth to it, it's not that flat boring shit production EP by some average US death metal band.

You got one ?

Reactions: CiG

I don't exactly keep this EP to myself (that's gay) but it's pretty obscure, even among technical death metal fans. Italian lunatics!

I only "keep this to myself" because there isn't a lot of copies out there so not many have heard it, it's not a secret or anything.

Black Jack - Five Pieces O' Eight

R-6169379-1430138206-8500.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: CiG
The idea of "keeping an EP to yourself" is the epitome of hipster bullshit. Here are some black metal EPs that I really love that don't get mentioned that often.

Seigneur Voland- S/T: Raw yet melodic black metal with a dark regal vibe.

Laster- Wijsgeer ende narreman: Atmospheric black metal with touches of epic and melancholy

Wanderer- Surrounded by These Firs: Just classic 90s raw Scandinavian forest loving black metal

Pretty sure OP was using a figure of speech you autists.

Both Antagonist EPs are awesome. First one I know some people know here, great chunky thrash with swagger and a bit of techiness to some of the riffs:

But their second EP I've hardly seen anyone discuss, not a total masterpiece like the first, but it's almost like a prototype to the modern Satan's Host sound, clean vocals and music that kind of blurs trad and extreme metal:

The idea of "keeping an EP to yourself" is the epitome of hipster bullshit. Here are some black metal EPs that I really love that don't get mentioned that often.

Seigneur Voland- S/T: Raw yet melodic black metal with a dark regal vibe.

Laster- Wijsgeer ende narreman: Atmospheric black metal with touches of epic and melancholy

Wanderer- Surrounded by These Firs: Just classic 90s raw Scandinavian forest loving black metal

omg. There are black metal EP's ? That first one sounds like it was recorded during the 17th century.
I like the second one. Catchy, pure sounding.
Third is too much of a stretch for me. It sounds ...like a Europe track with various animal samples accidentally recorded on top.

Pretty sure OP was using a figure of speech you autists.

Both Antagonist EPs are awesome. First one I know some people know here, great chunky thrash with swagger and a bit of techiness to some of the riffs:

But their second EP I've hardly seen anyone discuss, not a total masterpiece like the first, but it's almost like a prototype to the modern Satan's Host sound, clean vocals and music that kind of blurs trad and extreme metal:

Fixating on a term or expression, totally serves a purpose.

I liked em both. There's a real appeal to a thrash band incorporating elements of extreme metal while staying quintessentially thrash. They sound darker, and def. more technical than the typical thrash band. Lyrics cheesy though, well it is thrash.