Thought Chamber WORLD PREMIERE Next Tuesday!

Hey all,

Mike O here, former Haji webmaster and friend(?) of the band. I do an internet radio show and I thought you'd want to know - NEXT TUESDAY I'm going to be handling the WORLD PREMIERE of Derek and Rob's "Thought Chamber" project (with Ted Leonard from Enchant, Michael Harris & Bobby Williamson). I'm sure all of you know about it, but if you haven't, here's some info, taken from the InsideOut website:

In a world where it’s hard to find anything original, in which nothing and nobody is really innovative, newcomers Thought Chamber manage to draw attention right from the start with their debut album "Angular Perceptions". Their intelligent brand of progressive metal is highly complex while showing great variation. At the same time, it sounds like a coherent collection of songs. Performing guitar, keyboards and vocals (on the track "Balance of One"), band leader Michael Harris (Arch Rival) talks about the group’s ambitions, "Thought Chamber’s vision is to create material that is as original as possible. We like to include elements of funk and groove into our sound so it has to sound tight. In my mind these elements are often missing from many of the bands in this genre. We feel it’s really important to create a big dynamic. In order to achieve an inimitable sound for the band, we like to arrange the music a little differently. For instance, instead of having just one guy play all the solos, we’ll distribute them between a few of the guys. This way, we manage to create a kind of ensemble playing within the group".

Thought Chamber was founded by Harris, who had released the album "Sketches From the Thought Chamber" back in 2001. He made contact via the internet with Enchant vocalist Ted Leonard and managed to secure his involvement in the band. Harris wrote the songs for "Angular Perceptions" over a period of time between 2001 and 2004 at his home in Dallas. The instrumental numbers "Mr. Qwinkle’s Therapy" and "Accidently On Purpose" were written together with drummer Rob Stankiewicz and bassist Derek Blakley. The band is completed by keyboard player Bobby Williamson. Harris sent the material to Leonard at his home in California who then added his vocal parts there. "Ted’s voice is full of emotion and his amazing range fits perfectly in Thought Chamber, not to mention his strong stage presence"
Harris explains.

For more info on my show, head on over to http://www.progscaperadio.com and/or http://www.deliciousagony.com for more details. Catch you on the 20th!

- mike, progcape.com (and former hajiskitchen.com webmaster)